Re: [Y-Mail] Bug Still Not Fixed

  • too_much green_tea
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2007
      I've seen similar (but not the same) display problem when I
      check emails in an account with a newer beta AFTER logging out
      of one with an older build. :) Just like Ryan said, clearing the cache should fix it right away.

      Come and visit my 360°
      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2007
        You don't need to restart firefox, I have found a better workaround, just right click on the mail button on your yahoo toolbar and select "Open in New Tab" and close the existing tab.

        It works for me, let me know whether it works for you too ;)

        ~ Goutam

        Farm 308 has been updated to the latest build, however, I'm still seeing
        this problem:
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Sasafrass/MyPix/Screenshot.png

        --

        http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
        IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Goutam Nath
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2007
          No Ryan, it doesn't help, I have tried everything, and I'll tell you one more thing - if I clear out everything and relogin to yahoo mail the preview pane does not work, I retype mail.yahoo.com on the address bar or press the yahoo mail button on the Yahoo Toolbar and this time the preview pane works, I'll send you a screenshot of the above when I clear off my entire history next time ;)

          Cheers !
          ~ Goutam

          > I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Linux. It doesn't happen all the time, but
          > when it does I have to restart Firefox for it to display correctly.

          Have you tried clearing your browser cache? That might be more effective than just restarting Firefox. I've mentioned before that we've seen problems where the browser cache becomes...less than reliable. In this case, perhaps with the recent push it's possible that your cache has some remnants from the last build.

          Ryan Kennedy
          Yahoo! Mail

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2007
            I've tried that, but it doesn't work.

            Ryan Kennedy wrote:
            > Have you tried clearing your browser cache? That might be more effective than just restarting Firefox. I've mentioned before that we've seen problems where the browser cache becomes...less than reliable. In this case, perhaps with the recent push it's possible that your cache has some remnants from the last build.
            >
            > Ryan Kennedy
            > Yahoo! Mail
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Sasafrass
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2007
              I don't use tabs.

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
                Oh come on, open it on another tab and close the existing one, I don't think that will make any real difference.

                or perhaps you should try opening it on new window, I have tried it though

                ~ Goutam

                > You don't need to restart firefox, I have found a better workaround, just right click on the mail button on your yahoo toolbar and select "Open in New Tab" and close the existing tab.
                >
                > It works for me, let me know whether it works for you too ;)
                >
                > ~ Goutam

                TV dinner still cooling?
                http://tv.yahoo.com/
              • Sasafrass
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
                  Well, I opened it in a new window & that worked! At least I don't have
                  to restart Firefox everytime this bug shows up....

                  Ryan, this bug appears to happen when I go to the calendar & then back
                  to the mail. I hope this gets fixed soon!

                  Goutam Nath wrote:
                  > Oh come on, open it on another tab and close the existing one, I don't think that will make any real difference.
                  >
                  > or perhaps you should try opening it on new window, I have tried it though
                  >
                  > ~ Goutam

                • sasafrass452
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 9, 2007
                    Ryan, this is still happening with the 2/5 build. Emptying cache &
                    refreshing doesn't help, though I wish it did!