Re: [Y-Mail] now running v0.5.0 b368.7

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Wow, another one! That makes me 3 builds behind, but I'm on f308 so I
      hope to see this new build soon! Ryan, if this build is worthy of
      distribution to other farms, when will 308 be updated?

      http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
      IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

    • Vincent Jorrand
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        > > Does it ever stop?
        > >
        > > farm 318 running v0.5.0 b368.7 dated 01/31/2007
        >
        > Ha...no, trust me, it never stops. That's one of those things about writing
        > applications for the web. You're never "done". When you're writing shrink
        > wrapped software there's a clear point of being "done", but on the web things
        > are constantly evolving.

        I also work on web based applications, so I am very aware of that.

        > Probably explains why most of us haven't had a serious vacation since before
        > Oddpost was acquired. :)

        And that too ....

        > Anyway, 368.7 is just another patch build. Most of these will never be
        > released. We get them on our early adopter farms, find some small tidbit that
        > needs tweaking and release another patch. Once we've got the patch we like,
        > that gets pushed out to a wider audience. In any case, if you're not on 368.7
        > yet, don't sweat it. You're not missing out on some awesome new feature.
        > We're saving those for later. ;)
        >
        > Speaking of teasers, I know I said I'd get some stuff up on Yahoo! Go Mobile.
        > I'm still going to do it, but I got slammed this week with a code freeze for
        > the web service and we're doing end of year reviews right now. I'll be so
        > happy when Friday is over.

        I signed up for the Yahoo! Go Mobile, since my phone is on the supported list, but it seems like they already have enough people in the beta and I have not yet received a response.