Re: [Y-Mail] Calendar Email Reminders - Better Late Than Never ????

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
      No probs on my end. Are you sure you have the reminders set to send
      ahead of time? Was it working before, & now it's delayed?

      http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
      IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

      greg.pruitt wrote:

      > Not sure if others are having this issue - but when the system sends
      > me an email reminder for an appointment - I dont receive it until
      > several hours later (by the time the appt is over). In my latest
      > case - the meeting was at 630PM yesterday and I got the email at 7am
      > today. What gives?
      >
      > GP
      > f308

    • Liz Yumrutepe
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
        I have never had a problem with reminders, who is your isp? it could be that is the culpret not yahoo... maybe set a reminder via mobil as a backup ,also there is a free program called /kirby alarm/ that is pretty good that I use as a third back up for reminders which you can set a sound or have it run a program for you

        http://www.kaplan.edu
        " Knowledge is the key to life "

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
          I've been getting slow email delivery from Yahoo today, but I haven't had a problem with the email reminders.

          I have never had a problem with reminders, who is your isp? it could be that is the culpret not yahoo... maybe set a reminder via mobil as a backup ,also there is a free program called /kirby alarm/ that is pretty good that I use as a third back up for reminders which you can set a sound or have it run a program for you

          "Success is a journey, not a destination' "

          ============ ========= ========= ========= ===
          http://www.kaplan edu
          " Knowledge is the key to life "
          ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
            Lets just say I dont rely on these email at all - but have noticed
            that they are not being delivered timely. All my other mail over
            the same ISP is not impacted...just the yahoo reminders.

            I just wanted to raise the flag - as it should work.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

            > I have never had a problem with reminders, who is your isp? it
            could be that is the culpret not yahoo... maybe set a reminder via
            mobil as a backup ,also there is a free program called /kirby alarm/
            that is pretty good that I use as a third back up for reminders
            which you can set a sound or have it run a program for you

            > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

            > http://www.kaplan.edu
            > " Knowledge is the key to life "

          • Liz Yumrutepe
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
              Greg, have you checked at what time the reminder was sent? it could be that the server that is used or the address being used is a central address sort of like a global address which can be caught like spam and delayed by some isp's ... do a test, set up a reminder to come by a mobil alert and via email and see what happens, they come by differant methods... my reminders by email are right on the money with time I have never had a delay on classic or on beta ever, you may also want to add a filter for the reminder to your inbox see if that corrects it and add to your address book <-- wont hurt

              Lets just say I dont rely on these email at all - but have noticed
              that they are not being delivered timely. All my other mail over
              the same ISP is not impacted...just the yahoo reminders.

              I just wanted to raise the flag - as it should work.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@ ...> wrote:

              > I have never had a problem with reminders, who is your isp? it
              could be that is the culpret not yahoo... maybe set a reminder via
              mobil as a backup ,also there is a free program called /kirby alarm/
              that is pretty good that I use as a third back up for reminders
              which you can set a sound or have it run a program for you

              > "Success is a journey, not a destination' "
              >
              > ============ ========= ========= ========= ===
              > http://www.kaplan edu
              > " Knowledge is the key to life "
            • greg.pruitt
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
                The appt was for 6:30PM. The email says it was sent at 7:00:22PM
                (again - did not show up in mailbox till following morning).

                My settings are for it to notify me 15 minutes prior to start of
                appt.

                I have enabled the mobile alert - so let the race begin...

                GP

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
                  I just received my reminder for a class that begins at 8pm and I have my reminder set for 30minutes prior ... in the full header it was sent at 725pm and 38 seconds and it was received 725pm and 40 seconds .....

                  The appt was for 6:30PM. The email says it was sent at 7:00:22PM
                  (again - did not show up in mailbox till following morning).

                  My settings are for it to notify me 15 minutes prior to start of
                  appt.

                  I have enabled the mobile alert - so let the race begin...

                  GP

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@ ...> wrote:

                  > Greg, have you checked at what time the reminder was sent? it
                  could be that the server that is used or the address being used is a
                  central address sort of like a global address which can be caught
                  like spam and delayed by some isp's ... do a test, set up a reminder
                  to come by a mobil alert and via email and see what happens, they
                  come by differant methods... my reminders by email are right on the
                  money with time I have never had a delay on classic or on beta ever,
                  you may also want to add a filter for the reminder to your inbox see
                  if that corrects it and add to your address book <-- wont hurt

                • Ryan Kennedy
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
                    Greg:

                    can you send me the full headers of the alert? That will help to determine where the delay was.

                    Ryan Kennedy
                    Yahoo! Mail