Re: [Y-Mail] aol email address on my yahoo mail ???

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
      Hmm, pretty strange indeed.... You should ask either Ryan or
      Michelle(our group insiders), they can look into it for you.

      http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
      IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

      Rand Fisher wrote:

      > I've no idea what's going on. I'm on yahoo, sending from and
      > through yahoo. But today three recipients of my email have
      > replied with this basic message
      >
      > >> - just looked at your URL...... when I reply it comes up
      > randfish@aol. com <mailto:randfish%40aol.com>
      > But, I copied the one at the top of your e-mail and it is
      > randnf@yahoo. com <mailto:randnf%40yahoo.com>
      > >>

      > What's happening. I do NOT have nor use aol. I sent messages
      > through yahoo. Why are people getting something with an aol.com
      > address on it? What's going on? How might I stop it?

      > Do You Yahoo!?
      > http://mail. yahoo.com <http://mail.yahoo.com>

    • Brent
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
        If you are using IE or some other mail program and POP3, it may have a reply
        address set in it.

        Brent

        On 1/3/07, Rand Fisher <randnf@...> wrote:

        > I've no idea what's going on. I'm on yahoo, sending from and
        > through yahoo. But today three recipients of my email have
        > replied with this basic message
        >
        > >> - just looked at your URL...... when I reply it comes up
        > randfish@... <randfish%40aol.com>
        > But, I copied the one at the top of your e-mail and it is
        > randnf@... <randnf%40yahoo.com>
        > >>

        > What's happening. I do NOT have nor use aol. I sent messages
        > through yahoo. Why are people getting something with an aol.com
        > address on it? What's going on? How might I stop it?

      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
          When viewing your message in the group's archive, if you click on
          Show Message Option and then click on View Source, you can see the
          headers. Two of them are as follows:

          From: Rand Fisher <randnf@...>

          As a regular member, I can't see the full unmunged addresses but I
          expect that the reply-to header is your randfish @ aol.com address.

          Furthermore, while typing this reply at the webpage, I can click on
          the drop-down list in the To field and see four address options.
          The default is to the group itself, another one is to the group
          owner. The other two are to your randnf @ ... and to randfish
          @ ... The latter I expect is aol.com.

          Check your Yahoo! Mail options and see if you've set the aol.com
          address as the reply-to address. If not, I can't explain what is
          happening.

          Kenneth