aol email address on my yahoo mail ???

  • Rand Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      I've no idea what's going on. I'm on yahoo, sending from and
      through yahoo. But today three recipients of my email have
      replied with this basic message

      >> - just looked at your URL...... when I reply it comes up
      randfish@...
      But, I copied the one at the top of your e-mail and it is
      randnf@...

      What's happening. I do NOT have nor use aol. I sent messages
      through yahoo. Why are people getting something with an aol.com
      address on it? What's going on? How might I stop it?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
        Hmm, pretty strange indeed.... You should ask either Ryan or
        Michelle(our group insiders), they can look into it for you.

        http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
        IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

        Rand Fisher wrote:

        > I've no idea what's going on. I'm on yahoo, sending from and
        > through yahoo. But today three recipients of my email have
        > replied with this basic message
        >
        > >> - just looked at your URL...... when I reply it comes up
        > randfish@aol. com <mailto:randfish%40aol.com>
        > But, I copied the one at the top of your e-mail and it is
        > randnf@yahoo. com <mailto:randnf%40yahoo.com>
        > >>

        > What's happening. I do NOT have nor use aol. I sent messages
        > through yahoo. Why are people getting something with an aol.com
        > address on it? What's going on? How might I stop it?

        > Do You Yahoo!?
        > http://mail. yahoo.com <http://mail.yahoo.com>

      • Brent
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
          If you are using IE or some other mail program and POP3, it may have a reply
          address set in it.

          Brent

          On 1/3/07, Rand Fisher <randnf@...> wrote:

          > I've no idea what's going on. I'm on yahoo, sending from and
          > through yahoo. But today three recipients of my email have
          > replied with this basic message
          >
          > >> - just looked at your URL...... when I reply it comes up
          > randfish@... <randfish%40aol.com>
          > But, I copied the one at the top of your e-mail and it is
          > randnf@... <randnf%40yahoo.com>
          > >>

          > What's happening. I do NOT have nor use aol. I sent messages
          > through yahoo. Why are people getting something with an aol.com
          > address on it? What's going on? How might I stop it?

        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
            When viewing your message in the group's archive, if you click on
            Show Message Option and then click on View Source, you can see the
            headers. Two of them are as follows:

            From: Rand Fisher <randnf@...>

            As a regular member, I can't see the full unmunged addresses but I
            expect that the reply-to header is your randfish @ aol.com address.

            Furthermore, while typing this reply at the webpage, I can click on
            the drop-down list in the To field and see four address options.
            The default is to the group itself, another one is to the group
            owner. The other two are to your randnf @ ... and to randfish
            @ ... The latter I expect is aol.com.

            Check your Yahoo! Mail options and see if you've set the aol.com
            address as the reply-to address. If not, I can't explain what is
            happening.

            Kenneth