Re: Mail Beta and Calendar

  • James
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hmm, I don't add events that often but I always assumed that if you
      set the start and end dates it would do a recurring event on a daily
      interval. I guess it may work differently than that, and for more
      advanced repetition you unfortunately must revert to the classic calendar.

      I kind of doubt you'll see a new calendar by the end of this month,
      although it may hit your server first. Wait a minute, the calendar
      doesn't show the f### servers, so when updated will it be distributed
      all at once?

      I don't think a sidebar will be added, but probably a matching update
      to the calendar site.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

      > I still need to go to Yahoo! Calendar to create recurring events and
      > to browse my events and appointments for the entire month.
      >
      > Are there plans to update the calendar strip's Add Event pop-up to
      > allow the user to specify a recurring event?
      >
      > What about the Calendar link in the left-pane of Mail Beta? Will
      > that eventually bring up a calendar view in the right-pane (user
      > configurable to week/month/or year view) rather than opening the old
      > Calendar interface in a separate window?
      >
      > Kenneth
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Kennedy <rckenned@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is my personal view on the issue of the Classic Yahoo! Mail
      > vs. the Beta Yahoo! Mail. Personally, I really enjoy the beta far
      > more than Classic. I'm accustomed to the desktop application feel
      > and I'm much happier not having the entire page redraw with every
      > action. I think the communications platforms being integrated into
      > the Beta are great. I use Yahoo! Calendar to manage my personal and
      > my work calendar. Since the Calendar strip was added to the Beta, I
      > don't think I've actually visited calendar.yahoo.com more than a
      > handful of times...mostly just to accept event invitations. I
      > haven't visited address.yahoo.com (Yahoo! Addressbook) since I
      > started using the Beta. When the Messenger integration rolls out,
      > there's some doubt in my mind of whether or not I'll continue
      > running the desktop version. I enjoy having everything in one place
      > where data can be quickly shared between the applications.
      > >
      > > At the same time, there's a segment that isn't yet comfortable
      > with the beta. There's no way a company like Yahoo! would jeopardize
      > an immense userbase by forcing the Beta on them. Being #1 in
      > webmail, that's something you don't take lightly. So have faith,
      > we're not going to do something that would jeopardize what we have
      > going on. Our jobs rely on it. ;)
      > >
      > > Ryan Kennedy
      > > Yahoo! Mail

    • James