Marking Spam and Adding to Blocked Addresses

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      The classic Yahoo! Mail had the following option:

      Mark Spam + Not Spam
      When I mark a message as Spam, in addition to deleting the message:
      - Add the sender's email address to my blocked addresses list

      The Mail Beta no longer has the option to link marking a message as spam
      with adding the sender to the blocked addresses list.

      Was this a deliberate design decision or an oversight that Yahoo!
      intends to correct/re-implement?

    • Nelson Pacheco
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        It's probably by design. Blocking an email address that sent spam is a waste of time anyways. The sender's email address/name is computer generated and just a false made-up address. You might get the same spam emails over and over, but the address/name will always be different.

        Thanks,
        Nelson Pacheco