Phishing

  • barbevans04
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Ok, so most of my emails are phishing emails these days. How can I
      elminate these? If I report it as spam then will the email address
      be blocked, or just reported? Because sometimes it appears that
      it's from the company's correct email address, but really it's not.
      I was forwarding the PayPal and eBay ones to their report email
      address, but that gets old after a while. The most recent one I've
      got is from Amazon.com asking me to update my billing information or
      else I will be deleted. I wouldn't want my emails from them
      blocked, but I would want the emails from the spammer to be.

      Maybe Yahoo could create some form of authorization program? Where
      they would take the leading companies email addresses and put them
      in a database, and when users log-in to read their email there would
      be a star or something beside the emails verifying that they are the
      real deal and not a scam? I know that people who aren't really
      computer people can't really determine if they're real or fakes.
      This kind of system can help. The only thing would be, can Yahoo
      distinguish between the real and fakes using the same email
      address? And for those who aren't leading companies, maybe they can
      submit their companies to Yahoo to be checked out?