Mail Plus account - external accounts and spam

  • Greg Spradlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2006
      Hi Ryan,
      Anything yet on if having the spam filter work on the additional
      external accounts that get added in Mail Plus accounts?

      Is it even on the list of "to-do" items?
      Sincerely,
      Greg
    • rodneyremington
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
        I have the same question.
      • Greg Spradlin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rodneyremington" <mail@...> wrote:

          > I have the same question.

          It's hard to have email today without any kind of spam control.

          I have 9 external accounts coming into my Mail Plus account.

          I weed thru 150 to 200 spam emails everyday just to read the few that
          are really to me.
        • Liz Yumrutepe
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
            but how is that yahoo's responsibility? that spam control should be of the account where the email is originating from to begin with, if yahoo would ever provide spam control for pop accounts that would just be bonus control

            http://www.kaplan.edu
            " Knowledge is the key to life "

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2007
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

              Good Point!

              And you are right, it would be a bonus........a big bonus!

              When you read about Yahoo's email, one of their advertising points is
              its spam controls. If you allow users to add pop accounts in your
              upgraded "pay" email, you would think that the spam control would
              be a part of it.

              Granted most hosting companies do have spam software you can set up
              and manage per each account. Depending on the number of accounts you
              have this can be a job in itself. But there are other email accounts,
              like the one from your service provider and others that don't.

              If you have never used it Mail Plus is a great place for all the
              accounts you have, it just seems spam control would be included.