Re: [Y-Mail] Attaching Audio/Pictures/Photos

  • too_much green_tea
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2006
      Yeah ... but AOL/AIM users have free IMAP for quite a while now, so it's possible the receiving end is actually using a mail app + virus-scanner/spam-filtering proxy/... etc. It would be nice to be able to eliminate the possibility.

      I've also sent a test email from Yahoo beta to my AIM account, and the .jpg attachment arrived okay (both web client AND TB via IMAP), so I'm guessing something else is going on and may not be related to either AOL or Yahoo! beta.

      Come and visit my 360°

      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      From: Ian <ian_pinnell89@ yahoo.co. uk>

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 28, 2006
        Right, I agree...but when you thrown AOL into the mix....;)

[...]

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

      • Ryan Kennedy
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 28, 2006
          Ian:

          can you give me the full filename of the files you're attaching? I'm wondering if the file suffix (i.e. ".jpg") is missing. That might cause us to mis-label the attachment in the outgoing message. If you want, feel free to send me an image or sound file so I can see what the raw message looks like. That might give me some hints on how to reproduce this problem so I can log a bug if there really is a problem on our end.

          Also, what browser and operating system are you using?

          Ryan Kennedy
          Yahoo! Mail

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 29, 2006
            Is it possible he must just manually input the proper file-type
            extension when saving the file? Like for example saving a poster as
            "poster.jpg".