Re: SpamGuard suddenly overzealous

  • jbeaul
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      Even without this situation, I would never recommend setting bulk
      mail to be automatically deleted. Granted, my Y! Mail includes my
      work mail so it's oh so critical to me, but even so, there is no
      cost to keeping the bulk mail around just in case. It doesn't add
      into your storage limits and it can be fun to see that you've dodged
      over 3,000 pieces of crap during the last month (that's what my bulk
      number currently is).

      Joe

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
      wrote:
      > Never happened to me but I disabled the Junk Mail to automatically
      be
      > deleted. I'll keep you posted on that if anything comes up.
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jbeaul" <joe@b...> wrote:
      > > I've gone for years not having to worry about bonafide mail
      getting
      > > sucked into my bulk folder. Oh yeah, I check just in case but
      it's
      > > never been a problem. Until last week. I dunno what happened
      but a
      > > half dozen critical mails ended up there. Person-to-person
      mail, not
      > > even a lengthy distribution list to explain it. I would have
      thought
      > > that maybe I'd trained it to grab these but then I discovered
      this
      > > just started happening with a co-worker at the same time.
      > >
      > > I wonder what's afoot?
      > >
      > > Joe
    • sbullard
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
        Yes! I had a person to person email from my travel agent end up in
        bulk a few days ago. Now that's an email I don't want to miss!