Re: [Y-Mail] Re: ot - with calendar

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
      It's customised tv listings as well as show info. http://tv.yahoo.com

      http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
      IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

      Cindy Kee wrote:

      > Where is and what is Yahoo TV?
      >
      > Cindy in NV
      > Robby and Mike (8 years old)

    • James
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
        What's wrong with the new Y! TV? I like it. Of course, I didn't
        bother with all the previews and stuff, I just go straight to
        http://tv.yahoo.com/listings?showFavorites=true
        It's nice because you can see a show's details without having to load
        another page.

        One problem is with the slider to select the day/time at the top of
        the listing. It starts loading listings before you finish selecting
        your time, making the slider lag. The slider would be very useful if
        it would just wait till you let go of the mouse button to load!

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

        > sassafras,
        >
        > actually now that i've seen what they did with the tv page I'm
        afraid what they will do to the calendar ... I started using
        http://www.tvguide.com/Home.aspx for my tv listings and it's similar
        to the yahoo classic, you can customize too

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
          I never knew about this til you mentioned it. I like it, but I'm
          surprised that although it's a beta it seems to have already replaced
          the old one. Nope, don't see any links to the classic.

          > It's customised tv listings as well as show info. http://tv.yahoo.com
          >

          > http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
          > http://www.geocities.com/sasafrass452/darkangel.html
          > IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)
          >

          > Cindy Kee wrote:
          > >
          > > Where is and what is Yahoo TV?
          > >
          > > Cindy in NV
          > > Robby and Mike (8 years old)

        • Lucas Buck
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
            You can check out some of the comments about the new Yahoo! TV
            listings at Yodel Anecdotal (one of Yahoo's company blogs). 168+
            comments so far and nearly all are negative.

            http://yodel.yahoo.com/2006/11/28/anything-good-on-tonight/#comments

            http://tinyurl.com/yhftvr

            Lucas

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

            > I am not one to complain really with yahoo's improvements, I
            actually have been liking them but they changed their TV page and it
            awful! I used to be able to get access to the schedule from the tool
            bar and they failed to intergrate it, also there was a real neat deal
            that if you read about a show that you wanted to watch you could add
            it to your calendar, thats gone! It seems that with Ymail beta they
            are integrating things together which they added the calendar strip to
            it but the other parts of yahoo which they are making competitive they
            are failing to intergrate.

            > ok I feel better now, I needed to vent
            >

            > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

          • devon
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
              The squeaky wheels always makes the most noise and get most of the attention. A majority of the users who like the the new overhaul will use it in silent joy. I for one like the new modern updated look, full show info, quick way to turn on/off favorites, and ratings. Can't beat thumps up or down.

              I can't wait for calendar integration, a new modernized look for calendar, and better sharing features.

              You can check out some of the comments about the new Yahoo! TV
              listings at Yodel Anecdotal (one of Yahoo's company blogs). 168+
              comments so far and nearly all are negative.

              http://yodel. yahoo.com/ 2006/11/28/ anything- good-on-tonight/ #comments

              http://tinyurl. com/yhftvr

              Lucas

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@ ...> wrote:

              > I am not one to complain really with yahoo's improvements, I
              actually have been liking them but they changed their TV page and it
              awful! I used to be able to get access to the schedule from the tool
              bar and they failed to intergrate it, also there was a real neat deal
              that if you read about a show that you wanted to watch you could add
              it to your calendar, thats gone! It seems that with Ymail beta they
              are integrating things together which they added the calendar strip to
              it but the other parts of yahoo which they are making competitive they
              are failing to intergrate.

              > ok I feel better now, I needed to vent
              >

              > "Success is a journey, not a destination' "

            • jakk9406
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
                Look at some of the URL's of Yahoo!'s services. You should notice
                90+% of them and in the format: service.yahoo.com

                Now take a guess at where you can find Yahoo! TV ;)

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Kee <robmikemom@...> wrote:

                > Where is and what is Yahoo TV?
                >
                > Cindy in NV
                > Robby and Mike (8 years old)

              • James
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
                  Read comment #7041, the screen-name may be familiar

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Buck" <trinity_sc@...> wrote:

                  > You can check out some of the comments about the new Yahoo! TV
                  > listings at Yodel Anecdotal (one of Yahoo's company blogs). 168+
                  > comments so far and nearly all are negative.
                  >
                  > http://yodel.yahoo.com/2006/11/28/anything-good-on-tonight/#comments
                  >
                  > http://tinyurl.com/yhftvr
                  >
                  > Lucas
                  >
                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I am not one to complain really with yahoo's improvements, I
                  > actually have been liking them but they changed their TV page and it
                  > awful! I used to be able to get access to the schedule from the tool
                  > bar and they failed to intergrate it, also there was a real neat deal
                  > that if you read about a show that you wanted to watch you could add
                  > it to your calendar, thats gone! It seems that with Ymail beta they
                  > are integrating things together which they added the calendar strip to
                  > it but the other parts of yahoo which they are making competitive they
                  > are failing to intergrate.
                  > >
                  > > ok I feel better now, I needed to vent
                  > >

                  > > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

                • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                    > The squeaky wheels always makes the most noise and get most of the attention.
                    > A majority of the users who like the the new overhaul will use it in silent
                    > joy. I for one like the new modern updated look, full show info, quick way to
                    > turn on/off favorites, and ratings. Can't beat thumps up or down.

                    How do you know that the majority of users are actually positive about the
                    product, and not simply leaving Yahoo for competing products?

                    It's a bit arrogant to say that these complaints are just "squeaky wheels." Did
                    you actually read the complaints? I read about half of the comments that were
                    posted as of a little while ago. And the themes are so consistent that it would
                    be foolish for Yahoo to ignore them. In particular, the complaints about
                    features being removed should not be ignored. The simple fact is that this
                    upgrade accomplished two things for a lot of people: fixed what wasn't broken,
                    and broke what worked.

                    > I can't wait for calendar integration, a new modernized look for calendar,
                    > and better sharing features.

                    You may very well have to wait. With all of the superfluous stuff that Yahoo is
                    doing these days, I doubt they really care that much about real user issues.

                    Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                    360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp
                  • devon
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 11, 2006
                      I understand what you are saying now and in your original post.
                      My point: open online comments is really not a true pulse of the overall group. Fact remains, people who are happy with a service are less likely to comment than folks who are disappointed, hence the squeaky wheel comment. Nothing personal, just a general sentiment.
                      Also, most people hate change. A family member hated the new Yahoo mail simply because it was different, non techie folks like slow changes, and they would belly ace to no end.
                      If someone is not happy with Yahoo offerings, sure they should speak up to make it better.
                      But, those "Look, everyone hates blank" comments should be taken with grain of salt. Thats all I was saying.

                      > The squeaky wheels always makes the most noise and get most of the attention.

                      > A majority of the users who like the the new overhaul will use it in silent

                      > joy. I for one like the new modern updated look, full show info, quick way to

                      > turn on/off favorites, and ratings. Can't beat thumps up or down.

                      How do you know that the majority of users are actually positive about the

                      product, and not simply leaving Yahoo for competing products?

                      It's a bit arrogant to say that these complaints are just "squeaky wheels." Did

                      you actually read the complaints? I read about half of the comments that were

                      posted as of a little while ago. And the themes are so consistent that it would

                      be foolish for Yahoo to ignore them. In particular, the complaints about

                      features being removed should not be ignored. The simple fact is that this

                      upgrade accomplished two things for a lot of people: fixed what wasn't broken,

                      and broke what worked.

                      > I can't wait for calendar integration, a new modernized look for calendar,

                      > and better sharing features.

                      You may very well have to wait. With all of the superfluous stuff that Yahoo is

                      doing these days, I doubt they really care that much about real user issues.

                      Jay Bienvenu | jay@bienvenu. net | www.bienvenu. net

                      360.yahoo.com/ bienvenunet | raichu12.com/ wg.asp