Re: [Y-Mail] Re: ot - with calendar

  • Liz Yumrutepe
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
      cindy,

      www.tv.yahoo.com

      like a channel guide

      http://www.kaplan.edu
      " Knowledge is the key to life "

      From: Cindy Kee <robmikemom@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 12:23:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: ot - with calendar

      Where is and what is Yahoo TV?

      Cindy in NV
      Robby and Mike (8 years old)

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: BDD <bigdumbdog@yahoo. com>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com
      Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2006 6:21:58 AM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Re: ot - with calendar

      I agree, the TV Beta is terrible and it looks like the Y Toolbar TV
      icon takes you automatically to the Beta TV. It's ugly - no colors
      but blue, very, very slow loading TV information, and I haven't found
      a way to go back to the classic TV. I've acturally switched viewing
      the TV schedule to other than Yahoo.

      When using the Photomail Beta, I can no longer view photo's I'm
      sending, just get a square box where the photo's are supposed to be
      inserted. I think this could be an incompatible problem with IE7
      since Yahoo does give a message that indicates maybe it will be next
      year before photomail beta works correctly with IE7. (Maybe the Yahoo
      version of IE7 works???)

      I sure hope Yahoo doesn't shove Y-Mail beta down our throats until
      it's a solid product. I still can't use Beta Mail since they did away
      with categories and alphabetical selection of addresses with check
      boxes..

    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
        It's customised tv listings as well as show info. http://tv.yahoo.com

        http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
        IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

        Cindy Kee wrote:

        > Where is and what is Yahoo TV?
        >
        > Cindy in NV
        > Robby and Mike (8 years old)

      • James
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
          What's wrong with the new Y! TV? I like it. Of course, I didn't
          bother with all the previews and stuff, I just go straight to
          http://tv.yahoo.com/listings?showFavorites=true
          It's nice because you can see a show's details without having to load
          another page.

          One problem is with the slider to select the day/time at the top of
          the listing. It starts loading listings before you finish selecting
          your time, making the slider lag. The slider would be very useful if
          it would just wait till you let go of the mouse button to load!

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

          > sassafras,
          >
          > actually now that i've seen what they did with the tv page I'm
          afraid what they will do to the calendar ... I started using
          http://www.tvguide.com/Home.aspx for my tv listings and it's similar
          to the yahoo classic, you can customize too

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
            I never knew about this til you mentioned it. I like it, but I'm
            surprised that although it's a beta it seems to have already replaced
            the old one. Nope, don't see any links to the classic.

            > It's customised tv listings as well as show info. http://tv.yahoo.com
            >

            > http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
            > http://www.geocities.com/sasafrass452/darkangel.html
            > IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)
            >

            > Cindy Kee wrote:
            > >
            > > Where is and what is Yahoo TV?
            > >
            > > Cindy in NV
            > > Robby and Mike (8 years old)

          • Lucas Buck
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
              You can check out some of the comments about the new Yahoo! TV
              listings at Yodel Anecdotal (one of Yahoo's company blogs). 168+
              comments so far and nearly all are negative.

              http://yodel.yahoo.com/2006/11/28/anything-good-on-tonight/#comments

              http://tinyurl.com/yhftvr

              Lucas

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

              > I am not one to complain really with yahoo's improvements, I
              actually have been liking them but they changed their TV page and it
              awful! I used to be able to get access to the schedule from the tool
              bar and they failed to intergrate it, also there was a real neat deal
              that if you read about a show that you wanted to watch you could add
              it to your calendar, thats gone! It seems that with Ymail beta they
              are integrating things together which they added the calendar strip to
              it but the other parts of yahoo which they are making competitive they
              are failing to intergrate.

              > ok I feel better now, I needed to vent
              >

              > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

            • devon
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
                The squeaky wheels always makes the most noise and get most of the attention. A majority of the users who like the the new overhaul will use it in silent joy. I for one like the new modern updated look, full show info, quick way to turn on/off favorites, and ratings. Can't beat thumps up or down.

                I can't wait for calendar integration, a new modernized look for calendar, and better sharing features.

                You can check out some of the comments about the new Yahoo! TV
                listings at Yodel Anecdotal (one of Yahoo's company blogs). 168+
                comments so far and nearly all are negative.

                http://yodel. yahoo.com/ 2006/11/28/ anything- good-on-tonight/ #comments

                http://tinyurl. com/yhftvr

                Lucas

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@ ...> wrote:

                > I am not one to complain really with yahoo's improvements, I
                actually have been liking them but they changed their TV page and it
                awful! I used to be able to get access to the schedule from the tool
                bar and they failed to intergrate it, also there was a real neat deal
                that if you read about a show that you wanted to watch you could add
                it to your calendar, thats gone! It seems that with Ymail beta they
                are integrating things together which they added the calendar strip to
                it but the other parts of yahoo which they are making competitive they
                are failing to intergrate.

                > ok I feel better now, I needed to vent
                >

                > "Success is a journey, not a destination' "

              • jakk9406
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
                  Look at some of the URL's of Yahoo!'s services. You should notice
                  90+% of them and in the format: service.yahoo.com

                  Now take a guess at where you can find Yahoo! TV ;)

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Kee <robmikemom@...> wrote:

                  > Where is and what is Yahoo TV?
                  >
                  > Cindy in NV
                  > Robby and Mike (8 years old)

                • James
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
                    Read comment #7041, the screen-name may be familiar

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Buck" <trinity_sc@...> wrote:

                    > You can check out some of the comments about the new Yahoo! TV
                    > listings at Yodel Anecdotal (one of Yahoo's company blogs). 168+
                    > comments so far and nearly all are negative.
                    >
                    > http://yodel.yahoo.com/2006/11/28/anything-good-on-tonight/#comments
                    >
                    > http://tinyurl.com/yhftvr
                    >
                    > Lucas
                    >
                    > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I am not one to complain really with yahoo's improvements, I
                    > actually have been liking them but they changed their TV page and it
                    > awful! I used to be able to get access to the schedule from the tool
                    > bar and they failed to intergrate it, also there was a real neat deal
                    > that if you read about a show that you wanted to watch you could add
                    > it to your calendar, thats gone! It seems that with Ymail beta they
                    > are integrating things together which they added the calendar strip to
                    > it but the other parts of yahoo which they are making competitive they
                    > are failing to intergrate.
                    > >
                    > > ok I feel better now, I needed to vent
                    > >

                    > > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

                  • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                      > The squeaky wheels always makes the most noise and get most of the attention.
                      > A majority of the users who like the the new overhaul will use it in silent
                      > joy. I for one like the new modern updated look, full show info, quick way to
                      > turn on/off favorites, and ratings. Can't beat thumps up or down.

                      How do you know that the majority of users are actually positive about the
                      product, and not simply leaving Yahoo for competing products?

                      It's a bit arrogant to say that these complaints are just "squeaky wheels." Did
                      you actually read the complaints? I read about half of the comments that were
                      posted as of a little while ago. And the themes are so consistent that it would
                      be foolish for Yahoo to ignore them. In particular, the complaints about
                      features being removed should not be ignored. The simple fact is that this
                      upgrade accomplished two things for a lot of people: fixed what wasn't broken,
                      and broke what worked.

                      > I can't wait for calendar integration, a new modernized look for calendar,
                      > and better sharing features.

                      You may very well have to wait. With all of the superfluous stuff that Yahoo is
                      doing these days, I doubt they really care that much about real user issues.

                      Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                      360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp
                    • devon
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 11, 2006
                        I understand what you are saying now and in your original post.
                        My point: open online comments is really not a true pulse of the overall group. Fact remains, people who are happy with a service are less likely to comment than folks who are disappointed, hence the squeaky wheel comment. Nothing personal, just a general sentiment.
                        Also, most people hate change. A family member hated the new Yahoo mail simply because it was different, non techie folks like slow changes, and they would belly ace to no end.
                        If someone is not happy with Yahoo offerings, sure they should speak up to make it better.
                        But, those "Look, everyone hates blank" comments should be taken with grain of salt. Thats all I was saying.

                        > The squeaky wheels always makes the most noise and get most of the attention.

                        > A majority of the users who like the the new overhaul will use it in silent

                        > joy. I for one like the new modern updated look, full show info, quick way to

                        > turn on/off favorites, and ratings. Can't beat thumps up or down.

                        How do you know that the majority of users are actually positive about the

                        product, and not simply leaving Yahoo for competing products?

                        It's a bit arrogant to say that these complaints are just "squeaky wheels." Did

                        you actually read the complaints? I read about half of the comments that were

                        posted as of a little while ago. And the themes are so consistent that it would

                        be foolish for Yahoo to ignore them. In particular, the complaints about

                        features being removed should not be ignored. The simple fact is that this

                        upgrade accomplished two things for a lot of people: fixed what wasn't broken,

                        and broke what worked.

                        > I can't wait for calendar integration, a new modernized look for calendar,

                        > and better sharing features.

                        You may very well have to wait. With all of the superfluous stuff that Yahoo is

                        doing these days, I doubt they really care that much about real user issues.

                        Jay Bienvenu | jay@bienvenu. net | www.bienvenu. net

                        360.yahoo.com/ bienvenunet | raichu12.com/ wg.asp