Re: a new suggestion

  • rodneyremington
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
      God suggestion, I've had the same problem.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

      > I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...
      >
      > Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal
      and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to
      locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the
      flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end

      > feedback?
      >

      > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

    • James
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2006
        I've got a new suggestion as well. I like to set my folder columns so
        they take advantage of the full screen width. The only problem is
        when I do message searches, the added columns make my view cut off
        after the message location column. Also, search results show useful
        icons are shown for attachments, and I cannot view them without
        severely shrinking my columns, and then I have to change 'em back so
        message title, from, etc don't overlap in the Inbox.

        ***I'd really enjoy if Yahoo! mail beta used separate column size
        settings for search results.

        The search results show different columns, thus seperate size settings
        are in order. Column size settings are seperated for Drafts, Sent,
        and Spam. Why not search results?

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rodneyremington" <mail@...> wrote:

        > God suggestion, I've had the same problem.
        >

        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...
        > >
        > > Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal
        > and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to
        > locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the
        > flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end
        > >
        > > feedback?
        > >

        > > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

      • too_much green_tea
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2006
          Or maybe switch the position of the attachment column and the flag column?

          Come and visit my 360°

          http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

          I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...

          Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end

          feedback?

          "Success is a journey, not a destination' "

          ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

          http://www.kaplan edu

          " Knowledge is the key to life "

          ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
        • James
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2006
            I like it the way it is. When you mouse over the spam button, the
            message is highlighted as a sort of confirmation that that's the junk
            message. I don't find it easy to accidentally do 1 instead of the other.

            The current layout makes sense. Info about the message shows up on
            the left and options for you to click show up on the right.

            <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

            > Or maybe switch the position of the attachment column and the flag
            column?

            > Come and visit my 360°
            >
            > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

          • devon
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
              I like your idea. Currently, the Spam & the Flag columns being so close together always bother me & I've miss-clicked several times.
              It would be great if the entire message row would change color when a message have been flagged.
              Please make these changes.

              I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...

              Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end

              feedback?

              "Success is a journey, not a destination' "

              ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

              http://www.kaplan edu

              " Knowledge is the key to life "

              <!--

              #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              #ygrp-text{
              font-family:Georgia;
              }
              #ygrp-text p{
              margin:0 0 1em 0;
              }
              #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              font-family:Arial;
              clear:both;
              }
              #ygrp-vitnav{
              padding-top:10px;
              font-family:Verdana;
              font-size:77%;
              margin:0;
              }
              #ygrp-vitnav a{
              padding:0 1px;
              }
              #ygrp-actbar{
              clear:both;
              margin:25px 0;
              white-space:nowrap;
              color:#666;
              text-align:right;
              }
              #ygrp-actbar .left{
              float:left;
              white-space:nowrap;
              }
              .bld{font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-grft{
              font-family:Verdana;
              font-size:77%;
              padding:15px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-ft{
              font-family:verdana;
              font-size:77%;
              border-top:1px solid #666;
              padding:5px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
              padding-bottom:10px;
              }

              #ygrp-vital{
              background-color:#e0ecee;
              margin-bottom:20px;
              padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
              }
              #ygrp-vital #vithd{
              font-size:77%;
              font-family:Verdana;
              font-weight:bold;
              color:#333;
              text-transform:uppercase;
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul{
              padding:0;
              margin:2px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul li{
              list-style-type:none;
              clear:both;
              border:1px solid #e0ecee;
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
              font-weight:bold;
              color:#ff7900;
              float:right;
              width:2em;
              text-align:right;
              padding-right:.5em;
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
              font-weight:bold;
              }
              #ygrp-vital a {
              text-decoration:none;
              }

              #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;
              }

              #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              color:#999;
              font-size:77%;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              padding:6px 13px;
              background-color:#e0ecee;
              margin-bottom:20px;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              padding:0 0 0 8px;
              margin:0;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              list-style-type:square;
              padding:6px 0;
              font-size:77%;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              text-decoration:none;
              font-size:130%;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
              background-color:#eee;
              margin-bottom:20px;
              padding:0 8px;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              padding:8px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
              font-family:Arial;
              font-weight:bold;
              color:#628c2a;
              font-size:100%;
              line-height:122%;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              text-decoration:none;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;
              }
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
              margin:0;
              }
              o {font-size:0;}
              .MsoNormal {
              margin:0 0 0 0;
              }
              #ygrp-text tt{
              font-size:120%;
              }
              blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
              .replbq {margin:4;}
              -->

            • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
                --- devon <dvone8@...> wrote:
                > It would be great if the entire message row would change color when a message
                > have been flagged.

                I second this. (Though this doesn't change the fact that the spam and flag
                columns are too close together.)

                Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp