a new suggestion

  • Liz Yumrutepe
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
      I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...

      Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end

      feedback?

    • rodneyremington
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
        God suggestion, I've had the same problem.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

        > I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...
        >
        > Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal
        and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to
        locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the
        flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end

        > feedback?
        >

        > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

      • James
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2006
          I've got a new suggestion as well. I like to set my folder columns so
          they take advantage of the full screen width. The only problem is
          when I do message searches, the added columns make my view cut off
          after the message location column. Also, search results show useful
          icons are shown for attachments, and I cannot view them without
          severely shrinking my columns, and then I have to change 'em back so
          message title, from, etc don't overlap in the Inbox.

          ***I'd really enjoy if Yahoo! mail beta used separate column size
          settings for search results.

          The search results show different columns, thus seperate size settings
          are in order. Column size settings are seperated for Drafts, Sent,
          and Spam. Why not search results?

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "rodneyremington" <mail@...> wrote:

          > God suggestion, I've had the same problem.
          >

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...
          > >
          > > Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal
          > and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to
          > locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the
          > flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end
          > >
          > > feedback?
          > >

          > > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

        • too_much green_tea
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2006
            Or maybe switch the position of the attachment column and the flag column?

            Come and visit my 360°

            http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

            I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...

            Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end

            feedback?

            "Success is a journey, not a destination' "

            ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

            http://www.kaplan edu

            " Knowledge is the key to life "

            ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
          • James
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2006
              I like it the way it is. When you mouse over the spam button, the
              message is highlighted as a sort of confirmation that that's the junk
              message. I don't find it easy to accidentally do 1 instead of the other.

              The current layout makes sense. Info about the message shows up on
              the left and options for you to click show up on the right.

              <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

              > Or maybe switch the position of the attachment column and the flag
              column?

              > Come and visit my 360°
              >
              > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

            • devon
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
                I like your idea. Currently, the Spam & the Flag columns being so close together always bother me & I've miss-clicked several times.
                It would be great if the entire message row would change color when a message have been flagged.
                Please make these changes.

                I propose they move the flag option away from the spam option ...

                Many times I go to flag a message an accidently hit the spam deal and good thing I empty the spam folder first because it's easier to locate after the mistake. The move would be real simple... put the flag option just before the size column and leave the spam at the end

                feedback?

                "Success is a journey, not a destination' "

                ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

                http://www.kaplan edu

                " Knowledge is the key to life "

                <!--

                #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                #ygrp-text{
                font-family:Georgia;
                }
                #ygrp-text p{
                margin:0 0 1em 0;
                }
                #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                font-family:Arial;
                clear:both;
                }
                #ygrp-vitnav{
                padding-top:10px;
                font-family:Verdana;
                font-size:77%;
                margin:0;
                }
                #ygrp-vitnav a{
                padding:0 1px;
                }
                #ygrp-actbar{
                clear:both;
                margin:25px 0;
                white-space:nowrap;
                color:#666;
                text-align:right;
                }
                #ygrp-actbar .left{
                float:left;
                white-space:nowrap;
                }
                .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                #ygrp-grft{
                font-family:Verdana;
                font-size:77%;
                padding:15px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-ft{
                font-family:verdana;
                font-size:77%;
                border-top:1px solid #666;
                padding:5px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                padding-bottom:10px;
                }

                #ygrp-vital{
                background-color:#e0ecee;
                margin-bottom:20px;
                padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
                }
                #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                font-size:77%;
                font-family:Verdana;
                font-weight:bold;
                color:#333;
                text-transform:uppercase;
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul{
                padding:0;
                margin:2px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li{
                list-style-type:none;
                clear:both;
                border:1px solid #e0ecee;
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                font-weight:bold;
                color:#ff7900;
                float:right;
                width:2em;
                text-align:right;
                padding-right:.5em;
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                font-weight:bold;
                }
                #ygrp-vital a {
                text-decoration:none;
                }

                #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;
                }

                #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                color:#999;
                font-size:77%;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                padding:6px 13px;
                background-color:#e0ecee;
                margin-bottom:20px;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                padding:0 0 0 8px;
                margin:0;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                list-style-type:square;
                padding:6px 0;
                font-size:77%;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                text-decoration:none;
                font-size:130%;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                background-color:#eee;
                margin-bottom:20px;
                padding:0 8px;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                padding:8px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                font-family:Arial;
                font-weight:bold;
                color:#628c2a;
                font-size:100%;
                line-height:122%;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                text-decoration:none;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                margin:0;
                }
                o {font-size:0;}
                .MsoNormal {
                margin:0 0 0 0;
                }
                #ygrp-text tt{
                font-size:120%;
                }
                blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                .replbq {margin:4;}
                -->

              • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
                  --- devon <dvone8@...> wrote:
                  > It would be great if the entire message row would change color when a message
                  > have been flagged.

                  I second this. (Though this doesn't change the fact that the spam and flag
                  columns are too close together.)

                  Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                  360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp