Re: [Y-Mail] Question for Ryan

  • Ryan Kennedy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      I'm pretty sure "Date" already is the secondary sort for any of the other sorts. I just sorted my Inbox by "From" and all the mail from the same person is being sorted in descending date order. Same goes for sorting by attachment and subject. Give it a try, it ought to work.

      I'm not aware of any way to specify what you want to use as the secondary sort order, however. I think that's been hard coded to sort by date descending.

      Ryan Kennedy
      Yahoo! Mail

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        Thanks for the answer, Ryan, I appreciate you getting back to me.

        I had thought that the date field was the secondary sort field, but on one of my mailing lists it appears to not hold true. I'll check it next time I get a bunch of messages from it and test it out.

        Thanks again for your time.

        Ryan - First off let me say thanks for putting up with us. We can be a demanding lot. ;)

        Secondly, my question. What's the chances of getting a multi-sort option? Like sort by 'From' and then 'Date'? Or could it be set up that the 'Date' field is automatically the secondary search field?

        Thanks

        Do you Yahoo!?
        http://new.mail yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links