Re: Getting more out of search

  • humanoperand
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
      How about being able to search for messages that are "flagged" too?
    • Liz Yumrutepe
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
        If you click on the little flag on the tool bar it will sort all messages with flags

        http://www.kaplan.edu
        " Knowledge is the key to life "

        How about being able to search for messages that are "flagged" too?

      • Cindy Kee
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
          That only works in a single folder - there isn't a way to find all flagged messages across all folders, which a search capability would provide.

          Cindy in NV
          Robby and Mike (8 years old)

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006
            Until then, there's a nasty little trick ... you can do a search with only "to:", which list almost all messages in the account. You can then sort the flag column to find all flagged messages.

            I had to use "almost" because for some reasons, 41 of my messages weren't accounted for with this method, and so far I haven't thought of a way to track down which 41 were missing.

            Come and visit my 360°

            http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

            That only works in a single folder - there isn't a way to find all flagged messages across all folders, which a search capability would provide.

            Cindy in NV

            Robby and Mike (8 years old)

            If you click on the little flag on the tool bar it will sort all messages with flags.

            Yahoo! Music Unlimited
            Access over 1 million songs.
            http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
          • too_much green_tea
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2006
              Never mind ... I figured out what the problem was. It turns out the search "to:" wasn't listing all emails with "To:", it was listing all emails with "to" in the message. And since "to" is probably one of the most used word in the English-speaking part of the world, plus my user name is "toomuch ... well, you get the idea. (^_^')

              Nonetheless, you can still search for messages that have certain common character (like containing the letter "a"), then sort the flag column for all the flagged messages.

              Come and visit my 360°

              http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

              That only works in a single folder - there isn't a way to find all flagged messages across all folders, which a search capability would provide.

              Cindy in NV

              Robby and Mike (8 years old)

              If you click on the little flag on the tool bar it will sort all messages with flags.

              Cheap talk?
              http://voice.yahoo.com
            • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2006
                Note to Ryan: You could have a "flag:yes" for finding just flagged messages and
                "flag:no" for finding just unflagged messages.

                For that matter, a tag such as "unread:" or "status:read/unread" would be good too.

                Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp