Re: SpamGuard suddenly overzealous

  • Guillaume
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      Never happened to me but I disabled the Junk Mail to automatically be
      deleted. I'll keep you posted on that if anything comes up.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jbeaul" <joe@b...> wrote:
      > I've gone for years not having to worry about bonafide mail getting
      > sucked into my bulk folder. Oh yeah, I check just in case but it's
      > never been a problem. Until last week. I dunno what happened but a
      > half dozen critical mails ended up there. Person-to-person mail, not
      > even a lengthy distribution list to explain it. I would have thought
      > that maybe I'd trained it to grab these but then I discovered this
      > just started happening with a co-worker at the same time.
      >
      > I wonder what's afoot?
      >
      > Joe
    • jbeaul
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
        Even without this situation, I would never recommend setting bulk
        mail to be automatically deleted. Granted, my Y! Mail includes my
        work mail so it's oh so critical to me, but even so, there is no
        cost to keeping the bulk mail around just in case. It doesn't add
        into your storage limits and it can be fun to see that you've dodged
        over 3,000 pieces of crap during the last month (that's what my bulk
        number currently is).

        Joe

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
        wrote:
        > Never happened to me but I disabled the Junk Mail to automatically
        be
        > deleted. I'll keep you posted on that if anything comes up.
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jbeaul" <joe@b...> wrote:
        > > I've gone for years not having to worry about bonafide mail
        getting
        > > sucked into my bulk folder. Oh yeah, I check just in case but
        it's
        > > never been a problem. Until last week. I dunno what happened
        but a
        > > half dozen critical mails ended up there. Person-to-person
        mail, not
        > > even a lengthy distribution list to explain it. I would have
        thought
        > > that maybe I'd trained it to grab these but then I discovered
        this
        > > just started happening with a co-worker at the same time.
        > >
        > > I wonder what's afoot?
        > >
        > > Joe
      • sbullard
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
          Yes! I had a person to person email from my travel agent end up in
          bulk a few days ago. Now that's an email I don't want to miss!