Spam filters

  • ioannisverdelis
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hi all,

      I am new to this group so apologies if this has been covered before.

      I have been using Y!Mail for a bit and am generally happy with the
      navigation etc. However, I've been surprised by the ineffectiveness of
      the spam filter despite weeks of training.

      I accept that the filter is getting a lot better as I use it, but
      after two weeks I would expect to have virtually no spam or ham
      misdirected. In particular, certain spam messages (such as those
      subjected "[Name] wrote:")that I receive by the dozen (and I am sure
      other users receive as well) could easily be flagged just by a bit of
      collaboration between user accounts.

      From people's experience, what is the amount of time for this spam
      filter to be trained? Is there collaboration between users spam
      settings to make it more effective?
    • Karl Westerman
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 30, 2006
        I really can't tell you how long it takes as I have been using it for quite some time... but after several weeks, you should notice it working pretty well. I rarely get spam in my in-box or other folders and likewise, I almost never get a desired e-mail in my spam... it does seem like it took a number of weeks (6 or more) before it was working reasonably well and several months before it got to the point that it rarely made a mistake... probably after 6 months, there are almost no problems. You should notice it getting better week by week.

        Karl

        I am new to this group so apologies if this has been covered before.

        I have been using Y!Mail for a bit and am generally happy with the
        navigation etc. However, I've been surprised by the ineffectiveness of
        the spam filter despite weeks of training.

        I accept that the filter is getting a lot better as I use it, but
        after two weeks I would expect to have virtually no spam or ham
        misdirected. In particular, certain spam messages (such as those
        subjected "[Name] wrote:")that I receive by the dozen (and I am sure
        other users receive as well) could easily be flagged just by a bit of
        collaboration between user accounts.

        From people's experience, what is the amount of time for this spam
        filter to be trained? Is there collaboration between users spam
        settings to make it more effective?

      • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 30, 2006
          My experience is similar to Karl's. I have been using SpamGuard for a few years
          now, and the vast majority of spam gets sent to the Bulk folder. In addition to
          diligently "deleting" all unfiltered spam with the Spam button, also make use
          of your address book. It's a lot easier to tell the legitimate messages from
          the spam that way, and in the classic version you can filter for messages from
          contacts or unknown senders. I use these view frequently and managing my spam
          is a fairly efficient chore.

          --- Karl Westerman <karlwesterman@...> wrote:
          > I really can't tell you how long it takes as I have been using it for quite
          > some time... but after several weeks, you should notice it working pretty
          > well. I rarely get spam in my in-box or other folders and likewise, I almost
          > never get a desired e-mail in my spam... it does seem like it took a number
          > of weeks (6 or more) before it was working reasonably well and several
          > months before it got to the point that it rarely made a mistake... probably
          > after 6 months, there are almost no problems. You should notice it getting
          > better week by week.

          Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
          360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp
        • James
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 30, 2006
            Wow, spam seems to increase exponentially over time of an Email
            address. At first I got none and soon it went up to 30 a day and
            today, after just emptying it yesterday, it's up to 120 spams.
            Luckily, Yahoo! sent 116 of those to the spam folder (leaving 4 in the
            inbox). I very rarely have found false positives and nowadays I
            understandably don't bother to check for them.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Karl Westerman <karlwesterman@...> wrote:

            > I really can't tell you how long it takes as I have been using it
            for quite some time... but after several weeks, you should notice it
            working pretty well. I rarely get spam in my in-box or other folders
            and likewise, I almost never get a desired e-mail in my spam... it
            does seem like it took a number of weeks (6 or more) before it was
            working reasonably well and several months before it got to the point
            that it rarely made a mistake... probably after 6 months, there are
            almost no problems. You should notice it getting better week by week.

            > Karl

          • Sasafrass
            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 1, 2006
              I've always said Yahoo's spam filters aren't good enough. I do hope that
              our recent poll here for requested features will make an impact, & that
              we'll get more filters & more filter criteria. Thunderbird beats 'em all
              by a mile, IMO.

              http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
              IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

              James wrote:

              > Wow, spam seems to increase exponentially over time of an Email
              > address. At first I got none and soon it went up to 30 a day and
              > today, after just emptying it yesterday, it's up to 120 spams.
              > Luckily, Yahoo! sent 116 of those to the spam folder (leaving 4 in the
              > inbox). I very rarely have found false positives and nowadays I
              > understandably don't bother to check for them.
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com <mailto:Y-Mail%40yahoogroups.com>, Karl
              > Westerman <karlwesterman@ ...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I really can't tell you how long it takes as I have been using it
              > for quite some time... but after several weeks, you should notice it
              > working pretty well. I rarely get spam in my in-box or other folders
              > and likewise, I almost never get a desired e-mail in my spam... it
              > does seem like it took a number of weeks (6 or more) before it was
              > working reasonably well and several months before it got to the point
              > that it rarely made a mistake... probably after 6 months, there are
              > almost no problems. You should notice it getting better week by week.
              > >
              > > Karl

            • Richard Picard
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 1, 2006
                I'm not sure what is meant by "training" of the spam filter, but I have been using mail beta for some time now, and I find virtually no misdirected mail: what is spam goes into the spam file; what is "good" mail goes in the in-box. No problem!

              • york.ville
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 1, 2006
                  I have noticed spam in my yahoo account. the new windows live mail
                  seems to be doing a great job with spam right now. its weird but that
                  app is not flashy at all like yahoo beta is but it gets the job done,
                  and I find I am using it quite a bit. it is still in beta too, and its
                  fast. something is keeping me from using the new Y! beta as my goto
                  mail app. can't put my finger on it. i think the screen is trying to
                  do too much, clutter and the characters are small. Also, I bet 90% of
                  folks these days do not want to bother with searh shortcuts. a better
                  approach is the way google uses advanced search, essentially short
                  cuts but implemented the way users want. we don't have to remember
                  anything or refer to cheat sheets.

                  regards

                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 1, 2006
                    OMG, today (after just emptying yesterday) 207 in spam folder, 5 in inbox.

                    FYI that is 97.6% accuracy. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it if the
                    accuracy could be strengthened further. Why not see how close you can
                    get to 100?

                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 2, 2006
                      Thunderbird works for me with 100% accuracy :)

                      James wrote:

                      > OMG, today (after just emptying yesterday) 207 in spam folder, 5 in inbox.
                      >
                      > FYI that is 97.6% accuracy. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it if the
                      > accuracy could be strengthened further. Why not see how close you can
                      > get to 100?
                      >
                      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com <mailto:Y-Mail%40yahoogroups.com>,
                      > Sasafrass <sasafrass452@ ...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I've always said Yahoo's spam filters aren't good enough. I do hope
                      > that
                      > > our recent poll here for requested features will make an impact, & that
                      > > we'll get more filters & more filter criteria. Thunderbird beats 'em
                      > all
                      > > by a mile, IMO.
                      > >

                      > > http://darkangelfan s.proboards43. com
                      > <http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com>
                      > > http://www.geocitie s.com/sasafrass4 52/darkangel. html
                      > <http://www.geocities.com/sasafrass452/darkangel.html>
                      > > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/sassyscorn er
                      > > IM me! Sasafrass452( Yahoo)
                      > >

                      > > James wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Wow, spam seems to increase exponentially over time of an Email
                      > > > address. At first I got none and soon it went up to 30 a day and
                      > > > today, after just emptying it yesterday, it's up to 120 spams.
                      > > > Luckily, Yahoo! sent 116 of those to the spam folder (leaving 4 in the
                      > > > inbox). I very rarely have found false positives and nowadays I
                      > > > understandably don't bother to check for them.
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com <mailto:Y-Mail% 40yahoogroups. com>,
                      > Karl

                      > > > for quite some time... but after several weeks, you should notice it
                      > > > working pretty well. I rarely get spam in my in-box or other folders
                      > > > and likewise, I almost never get a desired e-mail in my spam... it
                      > > > does seem like it took a number of weeks (6 or more) before it was
                      > > > working reasonably well and several months before it got to the point
                      > > > that it rarely made a mistake... probably after 6 months, there are
                      > > > almost no problems. You should notice it getting better week by week.

                    • Brent
                      Message 10 of 27 , Dec 2, 2006
                        Is there any way to filter out someone pushing Thunderbird in a YAHOO
                        WEBMAIL group?

                        On 12/2/06, Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                        > Thunderbird works for me with 100% accuracy :)
                        >
                        > http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
                        > http://www.geocities.com/sasafrass452/darkangel.html
                        > IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)
                        >
                        > James wrote:
                        > >
                        > > OMG, today (after just emptying yesterday) 207 in spam folder, 5 in
                        > inbox.
                        > >
                        > > FYI that is 97.6% accuracy. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it if the
                        > > accuracy could be strengthened further. Why not see how close you can
                        > > get to 100?
                        > >
                        > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com <mailto:Y-Mail% <Y-Mail%25>
                        > 40yahoogroups.com>,
                        > > Sasafrass <sasafrass452@ ...> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I've always said Yahoo's spam filters aren't good enough. I do hope
                        > > that
                        > > > our recent poll here for requested features will make an impact, &
                        > that
                        > > > we'll get more filters & more filter criteria. Thunderbird beats 'em
                        > > all
                        > > > by a mile, IMO.
                        > > >

                        > > > http://darkangelfan s.proboards43. com
                        > > <http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com>
                        > > > http://www.geocitie s.com/sasafrass4 52/darkangel. html
                        > > <http://www.geocities.com/sasafrass452/darkangel.html>
                        > > > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/sassyscorn er
                        > > > IM me! Sasafrass452( Yahoo)

                        > the

                        > > Karl

                        > point
                        > week.

                      • Goutam Nath
                        Message 11 of 27 , Dec 2, 2006
                          You are such a great fan of Thunderbird, why don't you promote it ? Here, I took the liberty of posting this link for you :-
                          http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/buttons.html

                          Enjoy !

                          - Goutam

                          James wrote:

                          > OMG, today (after just emptying yesterday) 207 in spam folder, 5 in inbox.
                          >
                          > FYI that is 97.6% accuracy. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it if the
                          > accuracy could be strengthened further. Why not see how close you can
                          > get to 100?
                          >
                          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com <mailto:Y-Mail%40yahoogroups.com>,
                          > Sasafrass <sasafrass452@ ...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I've always said Yahoo's spam filters aren't good enough. I do hope
                          > that
                          > > our recent poll here for requested features will make an impact, & that
                          > > we'll get more filters & more filter criteria. Thunderbird beats 'em
                          > all
                          > > by a mile, IMO.
                          > >

                          > > http://darkangelfan s.proboards43. com
                          > <http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com>
                          > > http://www.geocitie s.com/sasafrass4 52/darkangel. html
                          > <http://www.geocities.com/sasafrass452/darkangel.html>
                          > > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/sassyscorn er
                          > > IM me! Sasafrass452( Yahoo)
                          > >

                          > > James wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Wow, spam seems to increase exponentially over time of an Email
                          > > > address. At first I got none and soon it went up to 30 a day and
                          > > > today, after just emptying it yesterday, it's up to 120 spams.
                          > > > Luckily, Yahoo! sent 116 of those to the spam folder (leaving 4 in the
                          > > > inbox). I very rarely have found false positives and nowadays I
                          > > > understandably don't bother to check for them.
                          > > >
                          > > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com <mailto:Y-Mail% 40yahoogroups. com>,
                          > Karl

                          > > > for quite some time... but after several weeks, you should notice it
                          > > > working pretty well. I rarely get spam in my in-box or other folders
                          > > > and likewise, I almost never get a desired e-mail in my spam... it
                          > > > does seem like it took a number of weeks (6 or more) before it was
                          > > > working reasonably well and several months before it got to the point
                          > > > that it rarely made a mistake... probably after 6 months, there are
                          > > > almost no problems. You should notice it getting better week by week.

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
                          Message 12 of 27 , Dec 2, 2006
                            --- Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...> wrote:
                            > Thunderbird works for me with 100% accuracy :)

                            Can it do it without setting up a single filter and without adding every
                            address you know of to your address book?

                            Frankly, I'd question the validity of any spam blocker or flitering system that
                            claims 100% accuracy, with ABSOLUTELY NO false negatives or positives. (That is
                            what 100% accuracy means--ABSOLUTELY NO mistakes.) SpamGuard isn't perfect, but
                            it's accurate ENOUGH for my tastes, and it's easy to program. It does NOT
                            require that I have dozens of filters set or every possible recipient address
                            in my address book.

                            Message 13 of 27 , Dec 2, 2006
                              --- Richard Picard <rpicard2000@...> wrote:
                              > I'm not sure what is meant by "training" of the spam filter, ...

                              You train the spam filter by using the Spam button to delete your spam rather
                              than the delete button. If it's working well for you then either it's great for
                              everyone or you trained it without knowing it. :)

                              Message 14 of 27 , Dec 2, 2006
                                That someone is one of the moderator's of this group ;)

                                Cheers !

                                Goutam

                                Message 15 of 27 , Dec 3, 2006
                                  Here's how it works.... I have the most common addresses that I recieve
                                  mail from in my addressbook. Then I create message filters, one of which
                                  is from-->isn't in addressbook. However, for Y group emails, I obviously
                                  can't add every member's email address to my addressbook, so I create a
                                  filter for subject-->doesn't contain-->[Y-Mail] (or whatever the subject
                                  tag is for a group). Then choose "delete" as the action. Now, as the
                                  owner of a Y group I can potentially get a lot of spam from non-members,
                                  so I turn off the email notification for pending messages & create a
                                  *seperate* filter for to-->contains-->Y-Mail-owner@yahoogroups.com &
                                  again choose "delete" as the action. Also turn off the spam filter, you
                                  won't need it with the above settings. And voila! ALL spam will go to
                                  the trash where it belongs :)

                                  I concede that this may be a little strict depending on the type of
                                  emails you receive, but you can always check the trash folder for any
                                  legit emails.

                                  S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu wrote:

                                  > --- Sasafrass <sasafrass452@ yahoo.com
                                  > <mailto:sasafrass452%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                                  > > Thunderbird works for me with 100% accuracy :)
                                  >
                                  > Can it do it without setting up a single filter and without adding every
                                  > address you know of to your address book?
                                  >
                                  > Frankly, I'd question the validity of any spam blocker or flitering
                                  > system that
                                  > claims 100% accuracy, with ABSOLUTELY NO false negatives or positives.
                                  > (That is
                                  > what 100% accuracy means--ABSOLUTELY NO mistakes.) SpamGuard isn't
                                  > perfect, but
                                  > it's accurate ENOUGH for my tastes, and it's easy to program. It does NOT
                                  > require that I have dozens of filters set or every possible recipient
                                  > address
                                  > in my address book.
                                  >
                                  > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
                                  > Jay Bienvenu | jay@bienvenu. net <mailto:jay%40bienvenu.net> |
                                  > www.bienvenu. net
                                  > 360.yahoo.com/ bienvenunet | raichu12.com/ wg.asp

                                • Cindy Kee
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Dec 3, 2006
                                    I'm relatively new to Y! Mail, so when you say "make use of you address book. It's a lot easier to tell the legitmate messages from spam that way", are you referring to the color-coding of messages, or something else? What's the most efficient use of the address book when it comes to spam? Is there a way to set the spam filters to automatically mark as spam anything that is not in your address book?

                                    Cindy in NV

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Dec 3, 2006
                                      One problem I have with this 'training' is that it is invisible to me.
                                      What is it really doing? Is it adding the source to some black list?
                                      Is it training some word filter? Can I see what it is doing?

                                      I wish the spam filtering was more opaque. My solution would have tags
                                      on the emails (insert request for email tags). When Yahoo's external
                                      spam filter thought it was spam, it would add and "Y-ProbablySpam"
                                      tag. Then the SpamBlocker feature is just a default rule to move
                                      anything with that tag into BulkMail.

                                      This would also allow incremental additions (like if the sender was in
                                      your address book, "Y-InAddressBook" would be added) or creation of
                                      user white lists, ...

                                      If properly done, experts would have all of these fine grained
                                      controls to tweek and use while people who didn't want to fool with it
                                      would just turn on SpamBlocker and it would 'do the right thing'.

                                      Is there a discussion about Yahoo Mail design? I have some thoughts.

                                      -- MB

                                      What I would really like is --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "S. J.
                                      \"Jay\" Bienvenu" <bienvenunet@...> wrote:

                                      > --- Richard Picard <rpicard2000@...> wrote:
                                      > > I'm not sure what is meant by "training" of the spam filter, ...
                                      >
                                      > You train the spam filter by using the Spam button to delete your
                                      spam rather
                                      > than the delete button. If it's working well for you then either
                                      it's great for
                                      > everyone or you trained it without knowing it. :)

                                    • Hank Anderson
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Dec 3, 2006
                                        I use the Yahoo Mail web interface exclusively and have very few problems with spam for my Yahoo mail addresses. I also have Yahoo web mail set to check other non-Yahoo pop accounts as well. Unfortunately, the Yahoo spam filter doesn't seem to work with those addresses at all. That is the primary feature that I would like to see added to Yahoo Mail--spam filtering of all email addresses, not just Yahoo! addresses. (Unless, that is already offered and I am missing something!)

                                        Hank

                                      • ontokyotime
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Dec 4, 2006
                                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Goutam Nath <goutam_nath@...> wrote:

                                          > You are such a great fan of Thunderbird, why don't you promote it ?

                                          Goutam, what are you thinking?

                                          He/she is busy promoting his/her sites in every single post (see
                                          signature)... A link to Thunderbird would get in the way...

                                          O.

                                        • Goutam Nath
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Dec 4, 2006
                                            Atleast we won't have to encounter extra emails from her promoting firefox, and I always overlook the signatures ;)

                                            Goutam

                                            > You are such a great fan of Thunderbird, why don't you promote it ?

                                            Goutam, what are you thinking?

                                            He/she is busy promoting his/her sites in every single post (see
                                            signature)... A link to Thunderbird would get in the way...

                                            O.

                                            Yahoo! Groups Links

                                          • too_much green_tea
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Dec 5, 2006
                                              C'mon, people ... that's enough ...

                                              I think everybody would agree Yahoo's spam filter still need works, but a public filter rarely fulfills the needs of every individuals. It can get rid of the massive spams with identifiable trace, but some WILL sneak through - eventually.

                                              A personalized set of filters on top of a public set will almost always give better results, may it be TB, OE, or any other mail programs. The question comes down to how high the risk it would be to have something executed while spams are being scanned, and you'd have to admit TB is one of the better ones out there, available for free, and almost available on all platforms.

                                              The bottom line? Maybe TB isn't about to solve all the world's problem, but at least Sasafrass isn't urging the uninitiated to use OE - like a lot of ISPs are still doing these days.

                                              P.S. I wish Yahoo would have more filters for free accounts, but then lots of others have said the same for a long time, and we still have only 15 today.

                                              Come and visit my 360°

                                              http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

                                              Atleast we won't have to encounter extra emails from her promoting firefox, and I always overlook the signatures ;)

                                              Goutam

                                              > You are such a great fan of Thunderbird, why don't you promote it ?

                                              Goutam, what are you thinking?

                                              He/she is busy promoting his/her sites in every single post (see

                                              signature).. . A link to Thunderbird would get in the way...

                                              O.

                                              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                                            • Goutam Nath
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Dec 5, 2006
                                                Yes I agree, Yahoo needs to work on it's Spam Filter's.

                                                Receiving Spams in Inbox is frustrating, but finding legitimate e-mail in the spam folder hidden among the bunch of spams is infuriating and people whose accounts are set up to delete all spam will never see what they missed. The same applies if we fail to find the legitimate mail inside the Spam folder.

                                                So, we definitely need more custom filter's.

                                                - Goutam

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Dec 5, 2006
                                                  Well, I do recommend Firefox to people when I see them having a problem
                                                  with IE *wink*

                                                  Goutam Nath wrote:

                                                  > Atleast we won't have to encounter extra emails from her promoting
                                                  > firefox, and I always overlook the signatures ;)
                                                  >
                                                  > Goutam

                                                • Cindy Kee
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Dec 5, 2006
                                                    In order to use TB for spam filtering, do you have to download using POP3? This can't be done if we are using the web interface (beta), correct?

                                                    Cindy in NV

                                                  • Jim Wissick
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Dec 5, 2006
                                                      I have to agree. I think it doesn't do anything except make you feel
                                                      good when you push that button. THe lastest flood of "soandso
                                                      wrote:" spam and it not correcting messages marked safe in future
                                                      sends makes me think that.

                                                      JW.

                                                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "misterblue" <misterblue@...> wrote:

                                                      > One problem I have with this 'training' is that it is invisible to
                                                      me.
                                                      > What is it really doing? Is it adding the source to some black list?
                                                      > Is it training some word filter? Can I see what it is doing?
                                                      >
                                                      > I wish the spam filtering was more opaque. My solution would have
                                                      tags
                                                      > on the emails (insert request for email tags). When Yahoo's external
                                                      > spam filter thought it was spam, it would add and "Y-ProbablySpam"
                                                      > tag. Then the SpamBlocker feature is just a default rule to move
                                                      > anything with that tag into BulkMail.
                                                      >
                                                      > This would also allow incremental additions (like if the sender was
                                                      in
                                                      > your address book, "Y-InAddressBook" would be added) or creation of
                                                      > user white lists, ...
                                                      >
                                                      > If properly done, experts would have all of these fine grained
                                                      > controls to tweek and use while people who didn't want to fool with
                                                      it
                                                      > would just turn on SpamBlocker and it would 'do the right thing'.
                                                      >
                                                      > Is there a discussion about Yahoo Mail design? I have some thoughts.
                                                      >
                                                      > -- MB

                                                    • Nancy J
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Dec 5, 2006
                                                        The spam filter is working great for me since they added the "not spam" feature. I receive hardly any spam in my inbox, and very little legit in the spam folder anymore.

                                                        I like it now.

                                                        My pet peeve is the fact that the attachement icon doesn't always show next to an email, making me more vulnerable to mistakenly opening up a nasty. And also the size of the frame when viewing details in a folder -- I canNOT see the right side of the screen with "size" of the email, and I can't change screen res, or I won't be able to read anything. How about that scrow bar, dudes and dudettes! :)!

                                                        L8!
                                                        Nancy J
                                                        Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

                                                        "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
                                                        India Arie

                                                        "Truth is anything I agree with"
                                                        www.cindyalexander.com

                                                        http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

                                                        Atleast we won't have to encounter extra emails from her promoting firefox, and I always overlook the signatures ;)

                                                        Goutam

                                                        > You are such a great fan of Thunderbird, why don't you promote it ?

                                                        Goutam, what are you thinking?

                                                        He/she is busy promoting his/her sites in every single post (see

                                                        signature).. . A link to Thunderbird would get in the way...

                                                        O.

                                                      • Michael Taylor-Judd
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Dec 9, 2006
                                                          As someone who has multiple aliases pointed here, I would also love to see this feature implemented -- if it's possible.

                                                          After all, a selling point of Mail Plus is the ability to have multiple "from" addresses (presumably because you're pointing multiple accounts here), so what's the point if your Yahoo inbox just starts filling up from those accounts?

                                                          Michael 8-)

                                                          I use the Yahoo Mail web interface exclusively and have very few problems with spam for my Yahoo mail addresses. I also have Yahoo web mail set to check other non-Yahoo pop accounts as well. Unfortunately, the Yahoo spam filter doesn't seem to work with those addresses at all. That is the primary feature that I would like to see added to Yahoo Mail--spam filtering of all email addresses, not just Yahoo! addresses. (Unless, that is already offered and I am missing something!)

                                                          Hank

                                                          <!--

                                                          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                                                          #ygrp-text{