SpamGuard suddenly overzealous

  • jbeaul
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2005
      I've gone for years not having to worry about bonafide mail getting
      sucked into my bulk folder. Oh yeah, I check just in case but it's
      never been a problem. Until last week. I dunno what happened but a
      half dozen critical mails ended up there. Person-to-person mail, not
      even a lengthy distribution list to explain it. I would have thought
      that maybe I'd trained it to grab these but then I discovered this
      just started happening with a co-worker at the same time.

      I wonder what's afoot?

      Joe
    • Guillaume
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
        Never happened to me but I disabled the Junk Mail to automatically be
        deleted. I'll keep you posted on that if anything comes up.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jbeaul" <joe@b...> wrote:
        > I've gone for years not having to worry about bonafide mail getting
        > sucked into my bulk folder. Oh yeah, I check just in case but it's
        > never been a problem. Until last week. I dunno what happened but a
        > half dozen critical mails ended up there. Person-to-person mail, not
        > even a lengthy distribution list to explain it. I would have thought
        > that maybe I'd trained it to grab these but then I discovered this
        > just started happening with a co-worker at the same time.
        >
        > I wonder what's afoot?
        >
        > Joe
      • jbeaul
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
          Even without this situation, I would never recommend setting bulk
          mail to be automatically deleted. Granted, my Y! Mail includes my
          work mail so it's oh so critical to me, but even so, there is no
          cost to keeping the bulk mail around just in case. It doesn't add
          into your storage limits and it can be fun to see that you've dodged
          over 3,000 pieces of crap during the last month (that's what my bulk
          number currently is).

          Joe

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
          wrote:
          > Never happened to me but I disabled the Junk Mail to automatically
          be
          > deleted. I'll keep you posted on that if anything comes up.
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jbeaul" <joe@b...> wrote:
          > > I've gone for years not having to worry about bonafide mail
          getting
          > > sucked into my bulk folder. Oh yeah, I check just in case but
          it's
          > > never been a problem. Until last week. I dunno what happened
          but a
          > > half dozen critical mails ended up there. Person-to-person
          mail, not
          > > even a lengthy distribution list to explain it. I would have
          thought
          > > that maybe I'd trained it to grab these but then I discovered
          this
          > > just started happening with a co-worker at the same time.
          > >
          > > I wonder what's afoot?
          > >
          > > Joe
        • sbullard
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
            Yes! I had a person to person email from my travel agent end up in
            bulk a few days ago. Now that's an email I don't want to miss!