Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Features missing...

  • too_much green_tea
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 9, 2006
      Will this be the complete list? So far only the partial list is in circulation.
      (from:, to:, cc:, recipient:, subject:, body:, attachment:)

      -----

      Come and visit my 360°

      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 9, 2006
        <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

        > Will this be the complete list? So far only the partial list is in
        circulation.
        > (from:, to:, cc:, recipient:, subject:, body:, attachment:)

        I'll get as complete a list as I can. My boss is the guy who built the
        original search interface, so he knows most (if not all) of the search
        modifiers. I'll get a brain dump from him and whip up something useful.

        Ryan Kennedy
        Yahoo! Mail
      • Christian Antonsen
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 10, 2006
          Is there a "hidden" search command for finding all the pictures that I
          have as attachments in my emails? And then be able to choose one or
          more actions....like uploading to Yahoo Photo, downloading to my PC,
          etc...?

          If not, then this should be added to the Y! Mail wish list....

          Regards, Christian A.
        • J. Hare
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 11, 2006
            I agree on categories. I have over 4500 entries in my
            address book and the classifying of those entries
            stinks!

            I'll vote for that one!

            Jeff

            --- Bob Amos <bigdumbdog@...> wrote:

            > I can't switch to beta mail either with out
            > categories in the address book. I wish someone from
            > Yahoo would talk to me to find out how important
            > categories are in the address book.
            >
            > If you only have a few entries in the address
            > book, you can survive with the new mail system, but
            > a lot of address entries makes for a lot of wok to
            > send out an e-mail with the the new Beta Mail.
            >
            > askjigar <jigar_shah83@...> wrote:
            > One of the most important feature of
            > Addressbook for me was category.
            > Its been removed from new version.
            > I cannot switch without them...
            > any plan to discontinue or add..??
            >
            > Secondly...Please include better compatibilty for
            > FF. Time bar does
            > not work well on FF2+FC5

            > removed]

          • James
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 11, 2006
              FYI you can bookmark address.yahoo.com to view the classic contacts
              (with categories) even while opted in to Y! mail beta

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "J. Hare" <jhareaz@...> wrote:

              > I agree on categories. I have over 4500 entries in my
              > address book and the classifying of those entries
              > stinks!
              >
              > I'll vote for that one!
              >
              > Jeff
              >
              > --- Bob Amos <bigdumbdog@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I can't switch to beta mail either with out
              > > categories in the address book. I wish someone from
              > > Yahoo would talk to me to find out how important
              > > categories are in the address book.
              > >
              > > If you only have a few entries in the address
              > > book, you can survive with the new mail system, but
              > > a lot of address entries makes for a lot of wok to
              > > send out an e-mail with the the new Beta Mail.
              > >
              > > askjigar <jigar_shah83@...> wrote:
              > > One of the most important feature of
              > > Addressbook for me was category.
              > > Its been removed from new version.
              > > I cannot switch without them...
              > > any plan to discontinue or add..??
              > >
              > > Secondly...Please include better compatibilty for
              > > FF. Time bar does
              > > not work well on FF2+FC5

              > > removed]

            • Sasafrass
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 12, 2006
                Wow, 4500? I only have 42.... I guess you could really use categories!
                Make sure you add that to the wishlist & vote in the polls for it, if
                you haven't already.

                IM me! Sasafrass452(Yahoo)

                J. Hare wrote:

                > I agree on categories. I have over 4500 entries in my
                > address book and the classifying of those entries
                > stinks!
                >
                > I'll vote for that one!
                >
                > Jeff
                >
                > --- Bob Amos <bigdumbdog@yahoo. com <mailto:bigdumbdog%40yahoo.com>>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > I can't switch to beta mail either with out
                > > categories in the address book. I wish someone from
                > > Yahoo would talk to me to find out how important
                > > categories are in the address book.
                > >
                > > If you only have a few entries in the address
                > > book, you can survive with the new mail system, but
                > > a lot of address entries makes for a lot of wok to
                > > send out an e-mail with the the new Beta Mail.
                > >
                > > askjigar <jigar_shah83@ hotmail.com
                > <mailto:jigar_shah83%40hotmail.com>> wrote:
                > > One of the most important feature of
                > > Addressbook for me was category.
                > > Its been removed from new version.
                > > I cannot switch without them...
                > > any plan to discontinue or add..??
                > >
                > > Secondly...Please include better compatibilty for
                > > FF. Time bar does
                > > not work well on FF2+FC5

                > > removed]

              • Bob Amos
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 12, 2006
                  When I started using Beta Mail, I had to purge most entries from my address book that I seldom used. Beside infrequent use of some addresses, there were some names and address of people that didn't even have an e-mail address. It became too time consuming hunting for names in the Beta address book when I clicked on "To". The dialogue to select names is terrible.

                  Most of the time now I just switch back and use Classic Yahoo Mail because of this.

                  They have to bring back categories and improve the address selection dialog!

                  J. Hare wrote:

                  > I agree on categories. I have over 4500 entries in my
                  > address book and the classifying of those entries
                  > stinks!
                  >
                  > I'll vote for that one!
                  >
                  > Jeff
                  >
                  > --- Bob Amos <bigdumbdog@yahoo. com <mailto:bigdumbdog%40yahoo.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > I can't switch to beta mail either with out
                  > > categories in the address book. I wish someone from
                  > > Yahoo would talk to me to find out how important
                  > > categories are in the address book.
                  > >
                  > > If you only have a few entries in the address
                  > > book, you can survive with the new mail system, but
                  > > a lot of address entries makes for a lot of wok to
                  > > send out an e-mail with the the new Beta Mail.
                  > >
                  > > askjigar <jigar_shah83@ hotmail.com
                  > <mailto:jigar_shah83%40hotmail.com>> wrote:
                  > > One of the most important feature of
                  > > Addressbook for me was category.
                  > > Its been removed from new version.
                  > > I cannot switch without them...
                  > > any plan to discontinue or add..??
                  > >
                  > > Secondly...Please include better compatibilty for
                  > > FF. Time bar does
                  > > not work well on FF2+FC5

                  > > removed]

                • Christian Antonsen
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 8 2:09 AM
                    Okay, I understand, it is possible to find all emails with
                    attachments, with the search command. But, isn't that a bit cryptic?
                    There should be an easy-to-access function for this, I think...

                    I have posted a new message which summarize a few suggestions for me,
                    including the search for an attachment thingy....

                    Regards, Christian.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Kennedy <rckenned@...> wrote:

                    > --- Christian Antonsen <cantonsen@...> wrote:
                    > > a search fuction, where I can simply view all
                    > > attachments in my emails.
                    > > This sfunctions is in the old mail system, not in
                    > > beta....
                    > > Why not...?
                    >
                    > It's a bit hidden, but if you search for
                    > "attachmentcount:>0" (attachment count greater than
                    > zero) you'll get the list of messages with 1 or more
                    > attachments.
                    >
                    > Which reminds me, I should do a blog post of all of
                    > the nifty search shortcuts we have.
                    >
                    > Ryan Kennedy
                    > Yahoo! Mail

                  • Michael Taylor-Judd
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 9 5:33 PM
                      Click on the paper click icon at the far left of the message list....

                      Peace, Love, and Mickey,

                      Michael 8-)

                      "My advice to you is simple. If you are dismayed by current policies, work to change them. Write letters, appear before governmental bodies, contact legislators. If you are unhappy with incumbent officeholders, work and vote to turn them out. Run for office."
                      --Daniel J. Evans, Governor of WA, 1965-1977 (Seattle Times, 10/13/2002)