Try Oddpost right now!!

  • Guillaume
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5 2:50 PM
      So yeh, the new Yahoo! Mail, as you might have heard, will integrate
      Oddpost technology. Oddpost was a webmail that simulated a desktop
      mail client like Outlook...the true power and originality of this
      application was that it was all webbased.
      Last July Yahoo! bought the company.Both teams hav ebeen working ever
      since.

      However you may want to try out Oddpost (for free of course) as it
      used to be. This requires Internet Explorer. Don't worry, for the new
      Yahoo! Mail plateform, the application will also work in Firefox

      Go here:
      http://demo.deerfield.com:9090/

      and enjoy the preview
    • Olivier C. Laurent
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5 3:02 PM
        I had the occasion to try this demo a few weeks ago. I loved it right away. Add some Yahoo! colors and features to it, and you could very well get the best web-based e-mail service. Oddpost is so easy to use, I love the drag and drop option. Integrating RSS is an excellent idea. It will save me time reading all the latest news in one place with my mail.

        Firefox. The only reason why I do not use Firefox all the time right now is because of Yahoo! Mail. You lose so many options in Y!Mail right now. When the new Y!Mail is released, I will finally switch to Firefox definitely.

        Thanks Guillaume for the link and the mailing list.

        Olivier C. Laurent

      • Donald P Walker
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5 6:08 PM
          I used Oddpost abut three years ago while I was working in a
          corporate environment and needed as webclient to access my personal
          e-mail account. At that time it most closely imitated Outlook
          Express. The only problem I recall was that it was quite slow
          (there may have been an issue with loading other than an American
          English dictionary, but I do not recall with certainty). Other than
          that, it was easy to use and replicated a desktop client effectively.

          Yahoo Mail - with 2Gb of storage - is already a first class
          offering so it will be good to see the new interface.

          /donald
        • dapr0j3ct
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6 2:10 PM
            Never mind, managed to sign up for the demo account..

            So far so good. I think theyve dropped the ball with lack of
            labelling though. I mean, sure some people may prefer folders, but
            honestly, labelling is FAR more efficient.

            The calendar looks ok, but id expect the Yahoo version to be
            considerably better. There isnt even a month view on this...