Re: [Y-Mail] AddressGuard Indicator colors

  • Liz Yumrutepe
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2006
      John,

      great idea, ive been using beta for so long I forgot about the colors, i was going to add your entry to the wish list but noticed that george has already entered it as "color coding of mail source"

      Liz

      http://www.kaplan.edu
      " Knowledge is the key to life "

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
        That is a good one. I missed the colors as well.

        I just added another AddressGuard related one to the wish list as
        well: Add a vertical scroll bar on the "From" drop down list when
        needed.

        For heavy AddressGuard users (that actually need to send from some of
        their addresses), this is a show stopper for the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        --
        Gerald

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@...> wrote:

        > John,
        >
        > great idea, ive been using beta for so long I forgot about the
        colors, i was going to add your entry to the wish list but noticed
        that george has already entered it as "color coding of mail source"

      • robigouk
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
          Yes - the vertical scroll bar for the "From" drop down list is a
          must.. my AddressGuard list goes off the bottom of the page - and I
          sue them all (one of the best features on Yahoo Plus).

          Also - more than one signature would be nice (and given a choice to
          choose which one or none at all whilst composing the mail).

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald W. Gaston" <sp1d3rc1d3r-
          ymug@...> wrote:

          > That is a good one. I missed the colors as well.
          >
          > I just added another AddressGuard related one to the wish list as
          > well: Add a vertical scroll bar on the "From" drop down list when
          > needed.
          >
          > For heavy AddressGuard users (that actually need to send from some
          of
          > their addresses), this is a show stopper for the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          >
          > --
          > Gerald
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Liz Yumrutepe <polishsiren@> wrote:
          > >
          > > John,
          > >
          > > great idea, ive been using beta for so long I forgot about the
          > colors, i was going to add your entry to the wish list but noticed
          > that george has already entered it as "color coding of mail
          source"

        • J. Hare
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
            Signature length has been an issue for me. I want to
            put more in the signature than is allowed. Expand the
            signature length!

            Regards,
            jeff

          • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
              > Signature length has been an issue for me. I want to
              > put more in the signature than is allowed. Expand the signature length!

              What do you NEED a long signature for? Most of the time that I've seen people
              use extremely large signatures, they just include all sorts of useless stuff in them.

              Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
              360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp
            • J. Hare
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 7, 2006
                I use Yahoo mail for my business and have links to my
                websites and a general caveat related to information
                being sent - intended for user, etc.

                Unfortunately, email is designed for personal not
                business use. Another example is the hourly and daily
                limitation. When I do an email campaign to my
                customer base, it take me a week to send out all the
                emails I need to send. Bummer for me...

                Have any ideas?

                Jeff

                --- "S. J. \"Jay\" Bienvenu" <bienvenunet@...>
                wrote:

                > > Signature length has been an issue for me. I want
                > > put more in the signature than is allowed. Expand
                > the signature length!
                >
                > What do you NEED a long signature for? Most of the
                > time that I've seen people
                > use extremely large signatures, they just include
                > all sorts of useless stuff in them.

                > Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                > 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp

              • jook13
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 9, 2006
                  I forgot to mention that the other added benefit of having all my
                  addresses color-coded is it makes it *tons* easier to see if there are
                  false positives in the Bulk (spam) folder - just look for the color-
                  coded messages! An improvement would be able to sort by color!

                  Cheers, John