Re: [Y-Mail] domain spoofing

  • Kristie Strum
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006
      I haven't used Yahoo! for web hosting (for personal use, not a business) for over a year, but I definitely experienced spoofing then and with my new host. Back when it first happened, I was outraged it would be allowed by Yahoo!, but the more I learned about it, the more I realized there's not really anything a webhost can do about it.

      One thing that made it tolerable for me was to turn off my "anyone@mydomain" emails. Sure, I can't catch an email that someone addresses to "janice" instead of "jan" for my mom, but at least I wasn't getting tons of returned spam anymore. It seemed as though a lot of the returns were originally listed as from "webmaster@" or "admin@," so if you use those types of addresses for your business, I'd consider changing them to something less generic.

      Good luck,
      Kristie