Email address with dot no longer working

  • hayless
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2006
      My wife and I both have had email addresses with a dot (e.g.,
      firstname.lastname@...) in them for over a year now. (We got
      them when Yahoo was blasting our accounts with reminders to grab the
      "new" dot addresses.) Regardless, everything was working fine up until
      last Thursday, when I signed up for a Small Business Hosting package.
      Ever since that day, our dot email addresses have not been able to
      receive or send email. To make matters more complicated, I can use the
      alias to sign in to Yahoo services sucessfully and even have the name
      displayed; however, I am unable to send or receive mail. Any ideas on
      what could be happening? I thought it may have been the Small Business
      Web Hosting so I ditched that on Friday. It's now officially gone but
      still no working email addresses. Any advice/resources on this would
      be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      hayless