Better filtering please

  • Phil Rose
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
      You know what I loved about Outlook and would make my head explode
      with delight if Yahoo had it? Better filtering. In Outlook one could
      set up a filter so that, once one sent a message, if it was to a
      certain client (or chum) it would be sent to a certain folder.
      Wouldn't that be nice? While you're endlessly 'tweaking' with the new
      look filtering for Y Mail how about adding that as a super powerful
      option?

      Thanks

      Phil
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
        Um... I can very easily filter emails from different
        people into different folders...

        --- Phil Rose <pjtrose@...> wrote:

        > You know what I loved about Outlook and would make
        > my head explode
        > with delight if Yahoo had it? Better filtering. In
        > Outlook one could
        > set up a filter so that, once one sent a message, if
        > it was to a
        > certain client (or chum) it would be sent to a
        > certain folder.
        > Wouldn't that be nice? While you're endlessly
        > 'tweaking' with the new
        > look filtering for Y Mail how about adding that as a
        > super powerful
        > option?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Phil
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        -Paul.
      • Liz Yumrutepe
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
          Phil,

          I agree filtering needs to be expanded I'm not familiar with outlooks filters I never used outlook can you elaborate as to the differant options so that the people working on it at yahoo can get the ideas from our group? and maybe some of our group member can chime in too :)

          Liz

          http://www.kaplan.edu
          " Knowledge is the key to life "

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
            Err... yes but I was saying that I want to be able to filter mail TO
            different people not FROM them.

            Phil