Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo Guy

  • Liz Yumrutepe
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
      I think if the guy turned into a turkey it would be more appropriate or raking leaves, something other than break dancing, what does that represent?

      http://www.kaplan.edu
      " Knowledge is the key to life "

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
        I've still got the old guy (I'm on AT&T), I'll probably get it in
        three months!

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greg.pruitt" <gregwpruitt@...> wrote:

        > The new yahoo guy is making gmail look more attractive...I can't
        > believe this is the best they could come up with...

      • ontokyotime
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
          There are a lot of countries where the leaves are not falling. It's
          summer in Australia right now.

          And what does the turkey have to do with fall?
        • Liz Yumrutepe
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
            well sorry that you have to endure summer and not rake leaves
            Turkey represents Thanksgiving here in north america Yes yahoos customers are located everywhere in the world however breakdancing is representing WHAT exactly internationally? so since yahoo is based in NA I just made a suggestion.

            http://www.kaplan.edu
            " Knowledge is the key to life "

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
              I'm still seeing the bouncy guy.

              Turkey & Fall?

              Trying to remember what my Brissy friend would say... it's an
              American *rigidity* of certain foods served at specific national
              holidays. After dining on a plate of turkey, American football on
              the telly and *recovering* on the couch.

              [I've just slaughtered OZ English.]

              There's another holiday food that's catching on very quickly,
              turducken. 'Turducken' anyone?

              I'll save those unaware's of what 'turducken' is. Stuff a deboned
              chicken breast inside > a deboned duck breast inside > a deboned
              turkey breast.

              Dane

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ontokyotime" <ontokyotime@...> wrote:

              > There are a lot of countries where the leaves are not falling. It's
              > summer in Australia right now.
              >
              > And what does the turkey have to do with fall?

            • Phil Rose
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
                But the origin of that custom is mediaeval where the whol chicken
                would go into a goose into a swan (I believe it was those foul fowl).

                Anyway, who cares about what the silly little man does? I think he's
                silly and kind of sweet or as our American cousins would say at
                every conceivable opportunity 'soOOOoooo cute'. About anything. I've
                heard them refer to tax forms as cute. I despair.

                Phil