Re: Yahoo Guy

  • greg.pruitt
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
      The new yahoo guy is making gmail look more attractive...I can't
      believe this is the best they could come up with...
    • too_much green_tea
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
        You know ... I'm almost positive that f318 - as the default beta farm - would be using a new build at this moment. Why doesn't anyone from f318 help update the database? :(

        -----

        Come and visit my 360°

        http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
          I think if the guy turned into a turkey it would be more appropriate or raking leaves, something other than break dancing, what does that represent?

          http://www.kaplan.edu
          " Knowledge is the key to life "

          The new yahoo guy is making gmail look more attractive.. .I can't
          believe this is the best they could come up with...

        • James
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
            I've still got the old guy (I'm on AT&T), I'll probably get it in
            three months!

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "greg.pruitt" <gregwpruitt@...> wrote:

            > The new yahoo guy is making gmail look more attractive...I can't
            > believe this is the best they could come up with...

          • ontokyotime
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
              There are a lot of countries where the leaves are not falling. It's
              summer in Australia right now.

              And what does the turkey have to do with fall?
            • Liz Yumrutepe
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
                well sorry that you have to endure summer and not rake leaves
                Turkey represents Thanksgiving here in north america Yes yahoos customers are located everywhere in the world however breakdancing is representing WHAT exactly internationally? so since yahoo is based in NA I just made a suggestion.

                http://www.kaplan.edu
                " Knowledge is the key to life "

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
                  I'm still seeing the bouncy guy.

                  Turkey & Fall?

                  Trying to remember what my Brissy friend would say... it's an
                  American *rigidity* of certain foods served at specific national
                  holidays. After dining on a plate of turkey, American football on
                  the telly and *recovering* on the couch.

                  [I've just slaughtered OZ English.]

                  There's another holiday food that's catching on very quickly,
                  turducken. 'Turducken' anyone?

                  I'll save those unaware's of what 'turducken' is. Stuff a deboned
                  chicken breast inside > a deboned duck breast inside > a deboned
                  turkey breast.

                  Dane

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ontokyotime" <ontokyotime@...> wrote:

                  > There are a lot of countries where the leaves are not falling. It's
                  > summer in Australia right now.
                  >
                  > And what does the turkey have to do with fall?

                • Phil Rose
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
                    But the origin of that custom is mediaeval where the whol chicken
                    would go into a goose into a swan (I believe it was those foul fowl).

                    Anyway, who cares about what the silly little man does? I think he's
                    silly and kind of sweet or as our American cousins would say at
                    every conceivable opportunity 'soOOOoooo cute'. About anything. I've
                    heard them refer to tax forms as cute. I despair.

                    Phil