Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Guy

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
      I saw it :)

      http://darkangelfans.proboards43.com
      IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Michael Taylor-Judd <mickymse.geo@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 3, 2006 1:39:22 PM
      Subject: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Guy

      No build change, but are others seeing the Yahoo guy break dance with a ghetto blaster?

      <!--

      #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
      #ygrp-text{
      font-family:Georgia;
      }
      #ygrp-text p{
      margin:0 0 1em 0;
      }
      #ygrp-tpmsgs{
      font-family:Arial;
      clear:both;
      }
      #ygrp-vitnav{
      padding-top:10px;
      font-family:Verdana;
      font-size:77%;
      margin:0;
      }
      #ygrp-vitnav a{
      padding:0 1px;
      }
      #ygrp-actbar{
      clear:both;
      margin:25px 0;
      white-space:nowrap;
      color:#666;
      text-align:right;
      }
      #ygrp-actbar .left{
      float:left;
      white-space:nowrap;
      }
      .bld{font-weight:bold;}
      #ygrp-grft{
      font-family:Verdana;
      font-size:77%;
      padding:15px 0;
      }
      #ygrp-ft{
      font-family:verdana;
      font-size:77%;
      border-top:1px solid #666;
      padding:5px 0;
      }
      #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
      padding-bottom:10px;
      }

      #ygrp-vital{
      background-color:#e0ecee;
      margin-bottom:20px;
      padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
      }
      #ygrp-vital #vithd{
      font-size:77%;
      font-family:Verdana;
      font-weight:bold;
      color:#333;
      text-transform:uppercase;
      }
      #ygrp-vital ul{
      padding:0;
      margin:2px 0;
      }
      #ygrp-vital ul li{
      list-style-type:none;
      clear:both;
      border:1px solid #e0ecee;
      }
      #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
      font-weight:bold;
      color:#ff7900;
      float:right;
      width:2em;
      text-align:right;
      padding-right:.5em;
      }
      #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
      font-weight:bold;
      }
      #ygrp-vital a {
      text-decoration:none;
      }

      #ygrp-vital a:hover{
      text-decoration:underline;
      }

      #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
      color:#999;
      font-size:77%;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
      padding:6px 13px;
      background-color:#e0ecee;
      margin-bottom:20px;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
      padding:0 0 0 8px;
      margin:0;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
      list-style-type:square;
      padding:6px 0;
      font-size:77%;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
      text-decoration:none;
      font-size:130%;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
      background-color:#eee;
      margin-bottom:20px;
      padding:0 8px;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
      padding:8px 0;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
      font-family:Arial;
      font-weight:bold;
      color:#628c2a;
      font-size:100%;
      line-height:122%;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
      text-decoration:none;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
      text-decoration:underline;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
      margin:0;
      }
      o {font-size:0;}
      .MsoNormal {
      margin:0 0 0 0;
      }
      #ygrp-text tt{
      font-size:120%;
      }
      blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
      .replbq {margin:4;}
      -->

    • ontokyotime
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
        Me too, me too! :p

        Build number is still version: 0.4.0 build: 314.4010/19/2006 07:41 PM

        So nothing has changed, just the animation.
      • greg.pruitt
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
          The new yahoo guy is making gmail look more attractive...I can't
          believe this is the best they could come up with...
        • too_much green_tea
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
            You know ... I'm almost positive that f318 - as the default beta farm - would be using a new build at this moment. Why doesn't anyone from f318 help update the database? :(

            -----

            Come and visit my 360°

            http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

            Build number is still version: 0.4.0 build: 314.4010/19/ 2006 07:41 PM

            So nothing has changed, just the animation.
          • Liz Yumrutepe
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
              I think if the guy turned into a turkey it would be more appropriate or raking leaves, something other than break dancing, what does that represent?

              http://www.kaplan.edu
              " Knowledge is the key to life "

              The new yahoo guy is making gmail look more attractive.. .I can't
              believe this is the best they could come up with...

            • James
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
                I've still got the old guy (I'm on AT&T), I'll probably get it in
                three months!

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
                  There are a lot of countries where the leaves are not falling. It's
                  summer in Australia right now.

                  And what does the turkey have to do with fall?
                • Liz Yumrutepe
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
                    well sorry that you have to endure summer and not rake leaves
                    Turkey represents Thanksgiving here in north america Yes yahoos customers are located everywhere in the world however breakdancing is representing WHAT exactly internationally? so since yahoo is based in NA I just made a suggestion.

                    http://www.kaplan.edu
                    " Knowledge is the key to life "

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
                      I'm still seeing the bouncy guy.

                      Turkey & Fall?

                      Trying to remember what my Brissy friend would say... it's an
                      American *rigidity* of certain foods served at specific national
                      holidays. After dining on a plate of turkey, American football on
                      the telly and *recovering* on the couch.

                      [I've just slaughtered OZ English.]

                      There's another holiday food that's catching on very quickly,
                      turducken. 'Turducken' anyone?

                      I'll save those unaware's of what 'turducken' is. Stuff a deboned
                      chicken breast inside > a deboned duck breast inside > a deboned
                      turkey breast.

                      Dane

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ontokyotime" <ontokyotime@...> wrote:

                      > There are a lot of countries where the leaves are not falling. It's
                      > summer in Australia right now.
                      >
                      > And what does the turkey have to do with fall?

                    • Phil Rose
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
                        But the origin of that custom is mediaeval where the whol chicken
                        would go into a goose into a swan (I believe it was those foul fowl).

                        Anyway, who cares about what the silly little man does? I think he's
                        silly and kind of sweet or as our American cousins would say at
                        every conceivable opportunity 'soOOOoooo cute'. About anything. I've
                        heard them refer to tax forms as cute. I despair.

                        Phil