Re: [Y-Mail] Re: If you were having problems with posting

  • Michael Taylor-Judd
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
      Sorry, Mark... I wasn't trying to be mean to you specifically. I think some of us wonder what the "purpose" of this group is some times.

      I would put forth that we are all a bunch of Y-Mail Beta users -- male and female, young and old, free and paid account, from all over the world, native and non-native English writers -- who joined this list to discuss the positives and negatives of the Beta trial, help each other out with problems that arise, identify bugs and possible solutions or workarounds, and make suggestions to the Y-Mail team for improvements and new features.

      What do others think?

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
        I think the group is for whatever you want to share about Yahoo email. Good or bad. One man's criticism is another's whine on this board. Its subjective. There was nothing wrong with your original post, Mark.

        Greentea wrote that he posted a question re webmail -- and what people thought was the best. I must admit that I didn't read it yet (I'm behind). But, I'm really curious about what people think. Greentea, how about a poll comparing the top 4 or 5?

        I really would like IMAP. Are there any free services that provide it other than AIM/Netscape? I pretty much only use Yahoo for webmail, although I have a Gmail account. Other than that, its my ISP. I've been hoping Yahoo would add IMAP for the paid accounts -- but no deal so far.

        L8!
        Nancy J
        Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

        "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
        India Arie

        "Truth is anything I agree with"
        www.cindyalexander.com

        http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj

        wrote:

        > > Don't you guys think that there has been too much errors in the

        > functioning of Yahoo mail ? we are experiencing a variety of

        problems

        > for the past few months.

        > > Goutam

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;
        }
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        padding-top:10px;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar{
        clear:both;
        margin:25px 0;
        white-space:nowrap;
        color:#666;
        text-align:right;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;
        white-space:nowrap;
        }
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        padding:15px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-ft{
        font-family:verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        border-top:1px solid #666;
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;
        }

        #ygrp-vital{
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        font-size:77%;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#333;
        text-transform:uppercase;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;
        margin:2px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        list-style-type:none;
        clear:both;
        border:1px solid #e0ecee;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#ff7900;
        float:right;
        width:2em;
        text-align:right;
        padding-right:.5em;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;
        }
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;
        }

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        padding:6px 13px;
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        list-style-type:square;
        padding:6px 0;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;
        font-size:130%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        background-color:#eee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:0 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        font-family:Arial;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#628c2a;
        font-size:100%;
        line-height:122%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;
        }
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;
        }
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;
        }
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • too_much green_tea
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2006
          Poll is a great idea!

          I've just put together a new table to gather ideas for a "wish list" poll:

          Depending on the number of responses, maybe we can put those entries up for votes next Sunday?

          -----

          Come and visit my 360°
          http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 5, 2006
            I've added my wishes, I' can''t wait to see the results of the poll.

            Ordinaryfoolisnj@ yahoo.com

[...]

          • S. J. "Jay" Bienvenu
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 6, 2006
              --- Michael Taylor-Judd <mickymse.geo@...> wrote:
              > I would put forth that we are all a bunch of Y-Mail Beta users ...

              Keep in mind that not everybody on this list is a Beta user. I, for example,
              continue to use the Classic version because my first experience with the Beta
              version was not a positive one. But I use Yahoo Mail more than any other site,
              and I have a vital interest in keeping abreast of developments in the Beta
              version. Especially if said version will be forced on me by Yahoo in the
              future.

              Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
              360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp