Re: Address Book bug

  • George Hutfilz
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2006
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "George Hutfilz" <ghutfilz@...> wrote:
      I had a chance to do some PD during the football game, and this is a
      sloppy coding bug in the address resolution that was introduced in the
      latest version. If the nickname to be resolved is found as a part of
      the e-mail address of another address book entry, the code craps out
      and issues the referenced error message.

      I have a correspondent without a nickname whose e-mail address begins
      with "mom." Just to prove the bug, I created a nickname for a dummy
      entry that was the same as the beginning of the address of another
      entry, and the same resolution error message showed up.

      Shame, beta team!

      George Hutfilz