Re: [Y-Mail] Y-Mail Beta Updates database

  • too_much green_tea
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
      Maybe v0.3.3 was buggy enough that the release was halted. I seem to remember almost all farms that were on v0.3.3 got builds updated on the same day a couple of times. That has almost never happened with any other builds releases.

      -----

      Come and visit my 360°

      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
        I agree the upgrade process is a mess.... The way they do it seems very
        unorganized, & obviously leaves many(like me) waiting for weeks, or in
        this case months, to see the new build. As someone else pointed out, we
        can't give an informed opinion(or complaint) if we don't have the latest
        build. Being 8 builds behind is quite frustrating!

        IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

        marciobenisti wrote:

        > I was checking the Y-Mail Beta Updates database. We have three
        > different versions of yahoo mail running at the farms (0.3.2 / 0.3.3 /
        > 0.4).
        > The "official" explanation is that they first spread out the new
        > version to a limited number of farms to check bugs, performance, etc.
        > OK.
        > But the database shows that the upgrades do not follow any logical
        > sequence. Some farms are paralised in the 0.3.2 version (mine). Others
        > have had the 0.3.3 version, but did not get the last version. Others
        > simply jumped from 0.3.2 to 0.4.
        > It seems that the upgrade process is a mess... Otherwise, only some
        > farms would be getting the new versions, untill the complete spread
        > out of the stable version. That's not what we see now !
        > What do you think ?
        >
        > Marcio

      • Nancy J
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
          Hey, Greentea,

          I sure hope that 3.3 isn't that "buggy," since I'm running it every 20 to 30 minutes! LOL I'd think that if a program was extremely buggy, that the team would do everything in its power to get its user a more stable program.

          I'm going to hope that the reason for the lag is that perhaps they're testing all three versions against each other for some reason?

          I know that some people are sick of the update thread, but at this point, I'd like to know the reasoning. Because I too had been on a "old" beta version while others were using the new version. Currently, on farm f308, I am running version 3.3, and was surprised to find that there is already a 4.0 release.

          It seems like we find out about the releases by accident! I wish that the team would send a mass mail before a release, telling us about it, and also encouraging us to report if anything runs better or worse.

          Isn't that what a beta program is for???

          L8!
          Nancy J
          Ordinaryfoolisnj@...

          "I am not my hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within."
          India Arie

          "Truth is anything I agree with"
          www.cindyalexander.com

          http://www.myspace.com/ordinaryfoolisnj