Re: [Y-Mail] About the new email.addresses

  • mannar
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 6, 2005
      yeah i too got the same thing(im not a MAIL PLUS USER)..but i some how cant access...wanna know someway out ive no IDEA of what they mean by and ACTIVE account...which is free????
      ThnQ
      Mannar

      [Non-text portion of the message has been removed]

      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
        Im yahoo dsl and I haven't seen the extra mail offer at all. does anyone know if we are we are also being offered this. It would be nice right about now with all the spam and such I'm ready to change my email. :) Normally were considered plus mail already. anyone know? thank you much, dar

      • Sans Nom
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
          Dar,
          The offer appears when you send an email from the Beta UI. The link there doesn't work. At least it didn't last night before I went to sleep. It is there now both for Plus and non-plus users. But only in the Beta UI...I haven't seen it in the old version. Here in my Plus account, I have already used up the link and it worked fine then.
          The secondary email addy works a little different...it is a little like having an email address with one of your profiles.
          Honestly I wonder if they have really thought this through yet.
          Lake-Flurries

          My 360 page | webpage

          Im yahoo dsl and I haven't seen the extra mail offer at all. does anyone know if we are we are also being offered this. It would be nice right about now with all the spam and such I'm ready to change my email. :) Normally were considered plus mail already. anyone know? thank you much, dar

          Apply for Submit Congratulations

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

        • Chris Price
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
            Dar,

            I just saw this on a Send Message dialog in the Beta:

            New! Extra email address (but no extra charge).
            Get an extra email address with a dot (stunt.racer@...?) Grab the one you want before someone else does. Get it now.

            (http://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym)

            So it is starting to be advertised, it seems.

            Chris.

            Im yahoo dsl and I haven't seen the extra mail offer at all. does anyone know if we are we are also being offered this. It would be nice right about now with all the spam and such I'm ready to change my email. :) Normally were considered plus mail already. anyone know? thank you much, dar

            Tips and tricks Communication and networking Beta Apply for Submit Congratulations
            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

          • Dar
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
              Thank you Chris, I was hoping however to have it dsl enhanced. :) I'll check it out and see. hugs dar

            • Sans Nom
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
                Please, let us know how it goes Dar...the link doesn't work for me.
                L-F

                My 360 page | webpage

                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
                  I'm not sure what you mean by 'DSL Advanced'.

                  Chris.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
                    I get this message.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 7, 2005
                      enhanced not advanced that way I get my Yahoo page through DSL instead of dialup, it's more enhanced with features

                    • Chris Price
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 8, 2005
                        Oh - I know this one :)

                        I guessing you get Y! Plus with your DSL, so you get the My Yahoo Plus page. If so, look to the Top Right - look for 'Select Page' and click on the name of the page. On the drop-down, you should see an option for Portal Mode - Enhanced \ DSL', just select it and the page will switch to the fancier version.

                        Chris.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 8, 2005
                          That link tells me that I already have an extra address - where it tells you to 'Sign Up' is there a link? On that page, do you see you are logged into Y! at the top?

                          Are you on the Y! Mail Beta? I get a link after each message I send, and it's the one I sent before. I've not found anything in Y! Help yet :(

                          Chris.

                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 8, 2005
                            More info...

                            I just switched back to the regular version, and on the Welcome Page I see the link to use for the new address on the right of the page.

                            Chris.

                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 8, 2005
                              Chris,
                              The link for the new address appears on my old welcome page too, but only with my Plus account.

                              I have another, non-Plus account, that also is in the Beta testing, and there the link has vanished into thin air. It used to show up when I'd sent a message but now it's gone.

                              The link never worked in any case. I was signed in alright...since I had just been able to send a message. There was just something very wrong and that's probably why they've taken it away.

                              They have put it in the help-section even though the feature isn't up and running yet: http://help.yahoo.com/mail/extramail/

                              LF

                              More info...

                              I just switched back to the regular version, and on the Welcome Page I see the link to use for the new address on the right of the page.

                              Chris.

                              Sorry, you must have an active Yahoo! Mail account in order to qualify for an extra email address. You can sign up now--it's easy and it's free.

                            • fahd
                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 10, 2005
                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sans Nom <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:

                                > Please, let us know how it goes Dar...the link doesn't work for me.
                                > L-F
                                >

                                > My 360 page | webpage

                                Service.

                              • walt
                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 18, 2005
                                  i guess the dot adress would be nice if i can access it i tried to
                                  get to is and here is what i get

                                  Sorry, you must have an active Yahoo! Mail account in order to
                                  qualify for an extra email address. You can sign up now--it's easy
                                  and it's free.

                                  hmmm i have been recieving mail at my current address for years now
                                  and yahoo says i need a y mail account (HAHAHAHAHA) love modern
                                  technology heheheeh any ideas or help will be greatful

                                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:

                                  > Dar,
                                  >
                                  > I just saw this on a Send Message dialog in the Beta:
                                  >
                                  > New! Extra email address (but no extra charge).
                                  > Get an extra email address with a dot (stunt.racer@y...?) Grab the
                                  one you want before someone else does. Get it now.

                                  > (http://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym)
                                  >
                                  > So it is starting to be advertised, it seems.
                                  >
                                  > Chris.

                                  tricks Communication and
                                  networking
                                  Beta
                                  Apply for
                                  Submit
                                  Congratulations

                                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                                  >
                                  > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
                                  Service.

                                • Rocks
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Dec 18, 2005
                                    I think it is only for Y!Plus subscribers.
                                    -rrs

                                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "walt" <bdyntrnk@s...> wrote:

                                    > i guess the dot adress would be nice if i can access it i tried
                                    > get to is and here is what i get
                                    >
                                    > Sorry, you must have an active Yahoo! Mail account in order to
                                    > qualify for an extra email address. You can sign up now--it's easy
                                    > and it's free.
                                    >
                                    > hmmm i have been recieving mail at my current address for years
                                    now
                                    > and yahoo says i need a y mail account (HAHAHAHAHA) love modern
                                    > technology heheheeh any ideas or help will be greatful
                                    >

                                    > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Dar,
                                    > >
                                    > > I just saw this on a Send Message dialog in the Beta:
                                    > >
                                    > > New! Extra email address (but no extra charge).
                                    > > Get an extra email address with a dot (stunt.racer@y...?) Grab
                                    the
                                    > one you want before someone else does. Get it now.
                                    > >
                                    > > (http://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym)
                                    > >
                                    > > So it is starting to be advertised, it seems.
                                    > >
                                    > > Chris.

                                    Beta

                                    > Apply for
                                    > Submit

                                    Congratulations

                                    > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                                    > >
                                    > > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
                                    > Service.

                                  • mannar
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Dec 18, 2005
                                      go to yahoo mail beta blog and check....it worked for me frm there

                                      I think it is only for Y!Plus subscribers.
                                      -rrs

                                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "walt" <bdyntrnk@s...> wrote:

                                      > i guess the dot adress would be nice if i can access it i tried
                                      > get to is and here is what i get
                                      >
                                      > Sorry, you must have an active Yahoo! Mail account in order to
                                      > qualify for an extra email address. You can sign up now--it's easy
                                      > and it's free.
                                      >
                                      > hmmm i have been recieving mail at my current address for years
                                      now
                                      > and yahoo says i need a y mail account (HAHAHAHAHA) love modern
                                      > technology heheheeh any ideas or help will be greatful
                                      >

                                      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Dar,
                                      > >
                                      > > I just saw this on a Send Message dialog in the Beta:
                                      > >
                                      > > New! Extra email address (but no extra charge).
                                      > > Get an extra email address with a dot (stunt.racer@y...?) Grab
                                      the
                                      > one you want before someone else does. Get it now.
                                      > >
                                      > > (http://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym)
                                      > >
                                      > > So it is starting to be advertised, it seems.
                                      > >
                                      > > Chris.

                                      Beta

                                      > Apply for
                                      > Submit

                                      Congratulations

                                      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                                      > >
                                      > > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
                                      > Service.

                                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                                    • David A. Burnet
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Dec 18, 2005
                                        I haven't been able to Verify (for Yahoo! Email) a new Yahoo! Email address for a long time...and can't get any help for this, either...just error message and no real help. Same with my new "." address - it works, I just can't use it with Yahoo! Groups, etc.

                                        Anyone have any ideas about a workaround, or how to get someone's attention and get real help?

                                        Thanks!
                                        -David Burnet

                                        i guess the dot adress would be nice if i can access it i tried to
                                        get to is and here is what i get

                                        Sorry, you must have an active Yahoo! Mail account in order to
                                        qualify for an extra email address. You can sign up now--it's easy
                                        and it's free.

                                        hmmm i have been recieving mail at my current address for years now
                                        and yahoo says i need a y mail account (HAHAHAHAHA) love modern
                                        technology heheheeh any ideas or help will be greatful

                                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:

                                        > Dar,
                                        >
                                        > I just saw this on a Send Message dialog in the Beta:
                                        >
                                        > New! Extra email address (but no extra charge).
                                        > Get an extra email address with a dot (stunt.racer@y...?) Grab the
                                        one you want before someone else does. Get it now.

                                        > (http://edit.yahoo.com/config/list_alias?.src=ym)
                                        >
                                        > So it is starting to be advertised, it seems.
                                        >
                                        > Chris.

                                        tricks Communication and
                                        networking
                                        Beta
                                        Apply for
                                        Submit
                                        Congratulations

                                        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                                        >
                                        > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
                                        Service.

                                        Tips and tricks Communication and networking Guillaume
                                        Beta Promote Apply for

                                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                        Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

                                      • Thomas Barthel
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Dec 18, 2005
                                          It was until Nov. 30th, on Dec. 1st they opened it up for everybody.

                                          I think it is only for Y!Plus subscribers.
                                          -rrs

                                        • _theclash_
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Dec 18, 2005
                                            The workaround for subscribing to a Yahoo! group with a Yahoo dot
                                            extra email address or with a Yahoo! Mail Plus disposable email
                                            address is to subscribe via email rather than via the web. I.e., send
                                            an email from the desired address to ...

                                            nameofgroup-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

                                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "David A. Burnet" <dburnet@y...> wrote:

                                            > I haven't been able to Verify (for Yahoo! Email) a new Yahoo! Email
                                            address for a long time...and can't get any help for this,
                                            either...just error message and no real help. Same with my new "."
                                            address - it works, I just can't use it with Yahoo! Groups, etc.

                                            > Anyone have any ideas about a workaround, or how to get someone's
                                            attention and get real help?
                                          • Narayanan Srinivasan
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Dec 19, 2005
                                              this might help: http://updates.mail.yahoo.com/blog/2005/12/16/get-in-on-the-mad-rush-for-new-%e2%80%9cdot%e2%80%9d-addresses/

                                              _theclash_ <clashborough-gloucesterroad@...> wrote: The workaround for subscribing to a Yahoo! group with a Yahoo dot

                                              nameofgroup-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

                                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "David A. Burnet" <dburnet@y...> wrote:

                                              > I haven't been able to Verify (for Yahoo! Email) a new Yahoo! Email
                                              address for a long time...and can't get any help for this,
                                              either...just error message and no real help. Same with my new "."
                                              address - it works, I just can't use it with Yahoo! Groups, etc.

                                              > Anyone have any ideas about a workaround, or how to get someone's
                                              attention and get real help?

                                              Tips and tricks Communication and networking Guillaume Beta Promote Apply for

                                              Regards,
                                              Narayanan