Re: Ouch!

  • Guillaume
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29, 2005
      "Yes, now yahoo and google will suffer, just like we did as they
      didn't support other browsers."
      >>> IE 7 is under beta remember

      "Kind of stupid to follow what the crowd does if microsoft is ruling
      the show?"
      >>> don't think MS is ruling anything

      "There must be 20 browsers out there that are worth buying for MS Y!
      and GOOG. So it's a matter of putting the money were their mouth is."
      >>>20 browser with 20 different engines? yeh right....

      "They've hacked hotmail and yahoo webmail into Tunderbird a long
      time ago. It's not like yahoo will prevent me from downloading my
      email no matter how hard they try."
      >>> lol had they been trying that hard Yahoo Pops would have been
      killed a LONG time ago

      "If you make a mail client in DHTML or what ever language. why
      should I have to download the interface each time I use it? Why not
      serve the page from disk? I only need the messages, and I only need
      them 1 time, the next time it should be served from disk.
      Even IE can do this! hahahahahaha"
      >>> When using a desktop mail client you don't redownload your email
      several times, the message is archived on your computer
      When using a webmail...it's all webbased and it better stay this
      way...many public computer do not allow downloads on local diskw
      anyway, and I certainly would not like to see my emails archived on
      public computers !! If you never move and just use your home
      computer then use a desktop mail client.

      > --- Guillaume <guillaume.belfiore@g...> wrote:
      >
      > > Yahoo Mail is not working thru Internet Explorer 7 beta right
      now.
      > > I think I also heard that Gmail did not go thru either.
      > > Hopefully this will not putt off the Yahoo! Mail beta ....

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
    • jbeaul
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 29, 2005
        Y! & Google will suffer? What the ... r u talking about?!? Guillaume
        posts that the new MSIE7 (in limited beta) won't load Y! Mail and you
        think this is an indication that Y! & Google r stupid? Wow... that's
        a reach.

        Regarding downloading interfaces, the Y! Mail beta is the next step in
        that direction - it's quite possible the site's cached DHTML won't be
        updated unless 1) you have your browser set to update everytime a site
        is visited or 2) there's an update provided by Yahoo!.

        "To finish the joke..." ???? I didn't notice that one was started.
        Maybe I am replying to a joke and don't realize it. At this point I
        really am not sure I understand your post. It doesn't make a lot of
        sense.

        Joe

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gaby Wilde <factuurexpress@y...> wrote:
        > Yes, now yahoo and google will suffer, just like we did as they
        didn't support other browsers. I
        > remeber looking for an hour for a way to upload photos to yahoo not
        knowing it was a IE feature I
        > had used before.
        >
        > I mean if users are mkaing their own browsers with duck tape and
        glue? Doesn't that mean yahoo and
        > google should put their billions were our needs are?
        >
        > Kind of stupid to follow what the crowd does if microsoft is ruling
        the show?

        > I must have 200 programs running people made for free and they are
        all better as the payed
        > version.
        >
        > There must be 20 browsers out there that are worth buying for MS Y!
        and GOOG. So it's a matter of
        > putting the money were their mouth is.
        >
        > They've hacked hotmail and yahoo webmail into Tunderbird a long time
        ago. It's not like yahoo will
        > prevent me from downloading my email no matter how hard they try.
        >
        > To finish the joke....
        >
        > If you make a mail client in DHTML or what ever language. why should
        I have to download the
        > interface each time I use it? Why not serve the page from disk? I
        only need the messages, and I
        > only need them 1 time, the next time it should be served from disk.
        >
        > Even IE can do this! hahahahahaha
        >
        > --- Guillaume <guillaume.belfiore@g...> wrote:
        >
        > > Yahoo Mail is not working thru Internet Explorer 7 beta right now.
        > > I think I also heard that Gmail did not go thru either.
        > > Hopefully this will not putt off the Yahoo! Mail beta ....

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Gaby Wilde
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 29, 2005
          --- jbeaul <joe@...> wrote:

          > Y! & Google will suffer? What the ... r u talking about?!? Guillaume
          > posts that the new MSIE7 (in limited beta) won't load Y! Mail and you
          > think this is an indication that Y! & Google r stupid? Wow... that's
          > a reach.

          Of course it doesn't work! Google is like a fish in a tank owned by Microsoft. They are soooooo
          dumb, it's unbelievable!! They should crawl out of the **** of bill gates and write a real
          application. Or are you suggesting google is to poor to write an OS? Then you would also claim
          that windows is great and we don't need anything else. We need a hardware based mail client but
          NOOOO we get web based ****! BHWHAHAHAHA Or are you going to defend software being more safe as
          hardware? Now that would be really funny!

          > Regarding downloading interfaces, the Y! Mail beta is the next step in
          > that direction - it's quite possible the site's cached DHTML won't be
          > updated unless 1) you have your browser set to update everytime a site
          > is visited or 2) there's an update provided by Yahoo!.

          What is my email doing in my web history? I can barely digest having it fly around in the same
          memory. Love letters mixed with old newspapers, the resume mixed with the porn. HA HA HA HA

          Yeah, they should crawl out of the **** of bill gates and write a real application. Grow up!

          > "To finish the joke..." ???? I didn't notice that one was started.
          > Maybe I am replying to a joke and don't realize it. At this point I
          > really am not sure I understand your post. It doesn't make a lot of
          > sense.
          >
          > Joe

          I think it's pretty funny to see people develop things by adding something here and some parts
          there. Lets see how this goes, lets try add that.

          What happened to actual goals?

          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gaby Wilde <factuurexpress@y...> wrote:
          > > Yes, now yahoo and google will suffer, just like we did as they
          > didn't support other browsers. I
          > > remeber looking for an hour for a way to upload photos to yahoo not
          > knowing it was a IE feature I
          > > had used before.
          > >
          > > I mean if users are mkaing their own browsers with duck tape and
          > glue? Doesn't that mean yahoo and
          > > google should put their billions were our needs are?
          > >
          > > Kind of stupid to follow what the crowd does if microsoft is ruling
          > the show?
          > >
          > > I must have 200 programs running people made for free and they are
          > all better as the payed
          > > version.
          > >
          > > There must be 20 browsers out there that are worth buying for MS Y!
          > and GOOG. So it's a matter of
          > > putting the money were their mouth is.
          > >
          > > They've hacked hotmail and yahoo webmail into Tunderbird a long time
          > ago. It's not like yahoo will
          > > prevent me from downloading my email no matter how hard they try.
          > >
          > > To finish the joke....
          > >
          > > If you make a mail client in DHTML or what ever language. why should
          > I have to download the
          > > interface each time I use it? Why not serve the page from disk? I
          > only need the messages, and I
          > > only need them 1 time, the next time it should be served from disk.
          > >
          > > Even IE can do this! hahahahahaha
          > >
          > > --- Guillaume <guillaume.belfiore@g...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Yahoo Mail is not working thru Internet Explorer 7 beta right now.
          > > > I think I also heard that Gmail did not go thru either.
          > > > Hopefully this will not putt off the Yahoo! Mail beta ....

          > > http://mail.yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • jbeaul
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 29, 2005
            I wish I understood what you are trying to say. Sorry, but I don't.

          • Guillaume
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 29, 2005
              Hum no sorry Gabby I don't get your messages either...
              "a Hardware based mail client"? does that even mean something? like
              you go to your computer shop and by a mail client that you hook to
              your USB port or something ???

              "Software more safe than hardware" ?? damn this phrase is even more
              intriguing that the Graal mysteries I encountered in the Da Vinci
              Code

              There is one thing you can use to filter your email : folders man
              folders!and I dont see how your messages would be in your webhistory
              anyway.

              "grow up" go tell them and code it yourself if you've reached the
              widsdom stage

              "I think it's pretty funny to see people develop things by adding
              something here and some parts there. Lets see how this goes, lets
              try add that."
              >>> which is basically the way a beta should be happening to reach
              certain goal, kiddo
            • Gaby Wilde
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 29, 2005
                Admin Edit : HUM ok considering the general nonsense and off topic properties of the messages. I believe this one will be the last of this nature approved on this board.

                --- Guillaume <guillaume.belfiore@...> wrote:

                > Hum no sorry Gabby I don't get your messages either...
                > "a Hardware based mail client"? does that even mean something? like
                > you go to your computer shop and by a mail client that you hook to
                > your USB port or something ???

                Software is like drawing a square on a paper and use that to store things in.

                > "Software more safe than hardware" ?? damn this phrase is even more
                > intriguing that the Graal mysteries I encountered in the Da Vinci
                > Code

                Yes, like a toaster or a telephone. You know those devices? Thats hardware.

                The urge to make food in the toilet boll disgusts me!

                > There is one thing you can use to filter your email : folders man
                > folders!and I dont see how your messages would be in your webhistory
                > anyway.

                They go true the can-o-worms called the web!

                But I can understand if don't respect privacy, it's kind of fun when visa sends out your personal
                data. And dont give me that crap with "what does that have to do with it"

                It's what software does, it allows information to go were ever the admin whould like it to go no
                matter who the admin is today.

                > "grow up" go tell them and code it yourself if you've reached the
                > widsdom stage

                hahaha!!! I would quickly shut up if I could not. Why would I? I'm not the billion dollar
                multinational with no brains in this topic.

                "I think it's pretty funny to see people develop things by adding something here and some parts
                there. Lets see how this goes, lets try add that." By having no goal what so ever and glueing
                random bits into a pile of something. Thats how to screw up at making stuff, by drawing the
                building plan after building it.

                Yahoo is doing less idiotic beta's as google, that makes em better. HAHAHAHA

                hey, I have a great idea! Lets redo yahoo mail as M$ is rebuilding the wrapper for it!

                Then maybe it doesn't work!

                HAHAHAHAHAHA

                Damn now we have 100 beta layers.... were is the bug and who should fix it now?

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • jbeaul
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 29, 2005
                  Thank you very much.

                  Joe

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Gaby Wilde <factuurexpress@y...> wrote:
                  > Admin Edit : HUM ok considering the general nonsense and off topic
                  properties of the messages. I believe this one will be the last of
                  this nature approved on this board.
                • Ryan Kennedy
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 30, 2005
                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <guillaume.belfiore@g...>
                    wrote:
                    > Yahoo Mail is not working thru Internet Explorer 7 beta right now.
                    > I think I also heard that Gmail did not go thru either.
                    > Hopefully this will not putt off the Yahoo! Mail beta ....

                    IE 7 Beta wasn't meant for wide use by the general public. It was
                    meant for developers so they could check to make sure their
                    applications work with all the changes Microsoft made. So the fact
                    that various applications don't work with IE 7 Beta shouldn't be a
                    surprise.

                    I can't speak for every team within the company, but I know people
                    within the mail team are working on the necessary changes to make Y!
                    Mail and the upcoming Y! Mail Beta work with IE 7.

                    Ryan