Re: A press release.....Beta being rolled out for all

  • James
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2006
      The fact is that it's available to ALL Yahoo! users upon request, and
      without waiting list hassles at new.mail.yahoo.com

      Try it with your account that hasn't been activated ;)

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kurt Norris <kurtrnorris@...> wrote:

      > I have another yahoo account, that still has not had the update yet.

      to Users Worldwide; World's No. 1 Web Email Provider Opens Beta
      Service to All Users in US and 18 Global Markets SUNNYVALE, Calif.,
      Sep 14, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) today
      introduced the widespread availability of a robust new version of
      Yahoo! Mail, the No. 1 Web mail service in the world(1). Previously
      available to only a limited number of users,
      > the latest version of the beta is now being rolled out to all Yahoo!
      Mail users in the United States and 18 markets around the world.
      Highlights of the Yahoo! Mail beta include a sleek, easy-to-use
      interface with the speed and responsiveness of a desktop application.
      The latest version also features innovative online calendar
      integration and provides a fast, efficient experience with enhanced
      functionality, such as drag and drop e-mail organization, message
      preview and an integrated RSS reader. Like the current Yahoo! Mail
      experience, the new version is a free, browser-based service,
      accessible from virtually any computer connected to the Internet,
      without the need for a software download.
      > The beta is now being rolled out to Yahoo! Mail users in the United
      States, Australia/New Zealand, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, India, Italy,
      The Philippines, Singapore, Spain, and Taiwan. In addition, Yahoo! has
      introduced a localized French-language version in Canada, as well as
      an English-language version in Asia. Earlier this year, the beta was
      introduced in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Canada and
      Korea, and with this latest global expansion, the beta is now open and
      localized for people in 18 markets around the world.
      > "Throughout the development process, we have relied on user feedback
      to further enhance and refine the Yahoo! Mail beta in our effort to
      provide the best Web mail experience possible," said Ethan Diamond,
      director of product management for the new Yahoo! Mail. "We've added
      new features, like an integrated calendar timeline, and at the same
      time we continue to offer what's most important: an easy-to-use,
      reliable, and secure free e-mail service."
      > In addition to its efficient, powerful user interface, the latest
      version of Yahoo! Mail also features an all-new integrated calendar
      timeline, making it easier for people to organize their schedules from
      within their Web mail, without having to click on a separate view or
      open another browser window. Upon creating a new Yahoo! Mail account,
      or signing in to an existing account, users will have the option to
      try the new interface, and will be able to toggle between the
      different versions of Yahoo! Mail. As with the current free version of
      Yahoo! Mail, users of the beta will have access to Yahoo! Customer
      Care to receive help in addressing technical support needs.
      > New and improved features include:
      > -- Enhanced speed and performance
      > -- Calendar timeline view within e-mail interface
      > -- Ability to view a map of a meeting or event location within the
      calendar timeline
      > -- Industry-leading protection from spam and viruses, including a
      new spam column located next to each message in the inbox to instantly
      mark a message as spam
      > -- New welcome page and "Quick Start" user guide
      > -- Drag-and-drop message organization
      > -- Reading pane to instantly view messages
      > -- Comprehensive and speedy search of e-mail headers, bodies, and
      attachments
      > -- Ability to have multiple e-mail messages open at the same time
      and view them using tabbed navigation
      > -- Integrated RSS reader, to receive breaking news, blogs, and other
      feeds directly in the Web mail experience
      > -- Automatic check and delivery of new mail
      > -- Keyboard shortcuts and right-click menus
      > -- Scroll bar for efficient scrolling of all message headers in an
      inbox or folder
      > -- Address autocomplete
      > -- Available on Firefox (Mac/Windows) and Internet Explorer (Windows
      only)
      > -- Remains free; supported by advertisers
      > The new Yahoo! Mail beta incorporates the technological expertise
      demonstrated by Oddpost, a company acquired by Yahoo! in July 2004,
      and draws on Yahoo!'s proficiency in scaling innovative technology.
      Not only is the new version now available to all Yahoo! users, it also
      provides the most significant enhancement to the Yahoo! Mail interface
      and user experience since its launch in 1997. The beta was first made
      available on a limited basis to Yahoo! Mail users in the US last year,
      and is currently available to all Yahoo! Mail Plus users, as well as
      to customers of our premium broadband services through AT&T, Verizon,
      and BT.
      > Information about the beta and a path to join is available at
      http://new.mail. yahoo.com.
      > About Yahoo! Mail
      > Launched in October 1997, Yahoo! Mail is the world's largest, most
      popular free e-mail provider. Yahoo! Mail helps people stay in touch
      at home, at work, or while traveling for business or pleasure, and is
      available in 21 languages. Yahoo! Mail is fully integrated with
      Yahoo!'s many other popular services to make it easy to access all the
      Internet services people need. Yahoo! Mail has recently received
      Editors' Choice awards from both PC Magazine and CNET, and it received
      the highest customer satisfaction ranking in a J.D. Power and
      Associates 2005 survey.
      > About Yahoo!
      > Yahoo! Inc. is a leading global internet brand and one of the most
      trafficked Internet destinations worldwide. Yahoo! seeks to provide
      online products and services essential to users' lives, and offers a
      full range of tools and marketing solutions for businesses to connect
      with Internet users around the world. Yahoo! is headquartered in
      Sunnyvale, California.
      > (1) According to comScore Media Metrix, July 2006
      > NOTE: To view a video demonstration of the new Yahoo! Mail Beta,
      please visit http://video. yahoo.com/ video/ play?ei=UTF-
      8&vid=23e448e0e7 cd3818dfa755c10a 523b67.845840 (Due to its length,
      this URL may need to be copied/pasted into your Internet browser's
      address field. Remove the extra space if one exists.)
      > SOURCE: Yahoo! Inc.
      >
      > Source
      >
      > http://yahoo. client.sharehold er.com/press/ ReleaseDetail.
      cfm?ReleaseID= 211065