Re: Filters no longer working - Spam Guard Lame??

  • Jack Williams
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2006
      Brian,

      I've been using BETA about 7-8 months. I can assure you that
      SpamGuard is active with the Beta.

      A rather easy test is simply to shut down Spam Guard, and watch 100+
      SPAM messages delivered to the Inbox every couple hours.

      To Yahoo's credit, it's amazing the volume of Spam that is captured
      via SpamGuard.

      I am more focused on FILTERS not working.

      Cheers,

      j a c k

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "bcarr_1196" <bcarr_1196@...> wrote:

      > Dear Jack,
      >
      > How long have you been using the beta? I bet your problems started
      > when you switched to it.
      >
      > I could be mistaken, but I don't believe SpamGuard functionality has
      > been implemented in the beta yet. Sure, there is a "Spam" button,
      but
      > I suspect that for now it simply diverts e-mail to the bulk folder.
      >
      > If you want to be certain SpamGuard is active, you may need to
      revert
      > to the "classic" interface.
      >
      > ~Brian
      >
      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Williams" <jdwill@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm on BETA build 253.17 7/21/2006
      > > Have others encountered the issue(s) with Filtering and Spam
      Guard I
      > > am describing?
      > >
      > > Could the problem be directly related to the BETA and build I am
      > > currently on?

    • ontokyotime
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
        A filter can break when you remove the target folder (or maybe even
        just rename it). Double check the folder specified in the filter
        (Options).

        I have filters set up that successfully filter into Trash.

        Also, filters are applied in order. So you can have a filter
        5. From: John > Inbox
        and
        6. Subj: Mortgage > Trash
        and you will still get Mortgage related emails from John.