Re: [Y-Mail] Filters no longer working - Spam Guard Lame??

  • Matthew Martin
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
      Yeah, I'm having this problem to. Not to the extent you're having it, tho. Occasionally, replies from a forum I'm subscribed to sends the reply notifications to the inbox, instead of the proper folder.

      I haven't figured out a pattern yet. It is the same threads, tho.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
        Yeah, I'm having that problem too. Just recently I've been getting emails going to my inbox when they should be going to a specific folder.

        DanH

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
          Yahoo's filters were never that good to begin with, they need to be more
          advanced like the ones in Thunderbird.

          IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

          Dan Hawkins wrote:

          > Yeah, I'm having that problem too. Just recently I've been getting
          > emails going to my inbox when they should be going to a specific folder.
          >
          > DanH

        • bcarr_1196
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2006
            Dear Jack,

            How long have you been using the beta? I bet your problems started
            when you switched to it.

            I could be mistaken, but I don't believe SpamGuard functionality has
            been implemented in the beta yet. Sure, there is a "Spam" button, but
            I suspect that for now it simply diverts e-mail to the bulk folder.

            If you want to be certain SpamGuard is active, you may need to revert
            to the "classic" interface.

            ~Brian

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Williams" <jdwill@...> wrote:

            > I'm on BETA build 253.17 7/21/2006
            > Have others encountered the issue(s) with Filtering and Spam Guard I
            > am describing?
            >
            > Could the problem be directly related to the BETA and build I am
            > currently on?
          • Jack Williams
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2006
              Brian,

              I've been using BETA about 7-8 months. I can assure you that
              SpamGuard is active with the Beta.

              A rather easy test is simply to shut down Spam Guard, and watch 100+
              SPAM messages delivered to the Inbox every couple hours.

              To Yahoo's credit, it's amazing the volume of Spam that is captured
              via SpamGuard.

              I am more focused on FILTERS not working.

              Cheers,

              j a c k

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "bcarr_1196" <bcarr_1196@...> wrote:

              > Dear Jack,
              >
              > How long have you been using the beta? I bet your problems started
              > when you switched to it.
              >
              > I could be mistaken, but I don't believe SpamGuard functionality has
              > been implemented in the beta yet. Sure, there is a "Spam" button,
              but
              > I suspect that for now it simply diverts e-mail to the bulk folder.
              >
              > If you want to be certain SpamGuard is active, you may need to
              revert
              > to the "classic" interface.
              >
              > ~Brian
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Williams" <jdwill@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm on BETA build 253.17 7/21/2006
              > > Have others encountered the issue(s) with Filtering and Spam
              Guard I
              > > am describing?
              > >
              > > Could the problem be directly related to the BETA and build I am
              > > currently on?

            • ontokyotime
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
                A filter can break when you remove the target folder (or maybe even
                just rename it). Double check the folder specified in the filter
                (Options).

                I have filters set up that successfully filter into Trash.

                Also, filters are applied in order. So you can have a filter
                5. From: John > Inbox
                and
                6. Subj: Mortgage > Trash
                and you will still get Mortgage related emails from John.