all y'all learned opinion...

  • Dane
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      do we actually need all those downloaded freebies?

      I've been runnin' just minimum stuff, I have no extra's like
      Companion, Toolbar, I can't even right now think of all the seemingly
      extraneous stuff...

      I'm watching a 9-11 special on Court-TV right now and moderating 4
      hurricane Katrina groups and this being the 1st year anniverary, I'll
      personally include my b'day is in 4 days.

      Should a Yahoo user of 7 years have all that stuff and get by? I'd
      say: yes. But for the bells and whistles of yahoo: I dunno.

      What I have learned: when I log in with a different username: the *f
      (arm)* number differs.

      Dane
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
        I use Yahoo for several different things, which is why I made Yahoo Mail
        my primary account. Since I use Yahoo for much of what I do online, I
        decided I may as well use the mail too & I'm also a MailPlus subscriber.
        I have the toolbar for my bookmarks & other Yahoo services that I use,
        which are My Yahoo, groups, weather, photos, games, blog, Geocities,
        greetings, alerts, calendar, & answers. Having my bookmarks on the
        toolbar is convenient because I'll never lose them, even when I have to
        format my hard drive. I simply install Firefox, then install the
        toolbar, log into Yahoo, & it's all there :) I also have Yahoo.com as my
        browser homepage. So as you can see, I'm a big-time Yahoo user. I think
        the free downloads are great for those that need them, it's convenient &
        best of all, free :)

        IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

        Dane wrote:

        > do we actually need all those downloaded freebies?
        >
        > I've been runnin' just minimum stuff, I have no extra's like
        > Companion, Toolbar, I can't even right now think of all the seemingly
        > extraneous stuff...
        >
        > I'm watching a 9-11 special on Court-TV right now and moderating 4
        > hurricane Katrina groups and this being the 1st year anniverary, I'll
        > personally include my b'day is in 4 days.
        >
        > Should a Yahoo user of 7 years have all that stuff and get by? I'd
        > say: yes. But for the bells and whistles of yahoo: I dunno.
        >
        > What I have learned: when I log in with a different username: the *f
        > (arm)* number differs.
        >
        > Dane

      • too_much green_tea
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
          You don't count ... you're a complete Yahoo! maniac :P :D

          Bells and whistles are there for the taking, some use them all, some despise them, I'm somewhere in the middle ... but how do 9-11 on Court-TV, Katrina groups, and birthday relate to Yahoo? It's not some kind of hidden message, is it?

          -----
          Come and visit my 360°
          http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

          Dane wrote:

          > do we actually need all those downloaded freebies?
          >
          > I've been runnin' just minimum stuff, I have no extra's like
          > Companion, Toolbar, I can't even right now think of all the seemingly
          > extraneous stuff...
          >
          > I'm watching a 9-11 special on Court-TV right now and moderating 4
          > hurricane Katrina groups and this being the 1st year anniverary, I'll
          > personally include my b'day is in 4 days.
          >
          > Should a Yahoo user of 7 years have all that stuff and get by? I'd
          > say: yes. But for the bells and whistles of yahoo: I dunno.
          >
          > What I have learned: when I log in with a different username: the *f
          > (arm)* number differs.
          >
          > Dane

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Sasafrass
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
            Why, thankyou ;)

            IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

            too_much green_tea wrote:

            > You don't count ... you're a complete Yahoo! maniac :P :D
            >
            > <http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea>

          • devon
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
              I too use Yahoo for many of my daily task and I like the convenience of the customize tool bar.
              After trying all the new buzz web 2.0 site that seems to be many steps beyond Yahoo and lets face it, Yahoo tend to move sloooow (at least in the last 2 years). But after using the oggle, the tube and the geemail, etc, etc,… I tend to to come back to good old Yahoo. They are finally getting their act together with all new web feature.

              Mail and Toolbar are so essential to my day. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW BUILD.

              Dane wrote:

              > do we actually need all those downloaded freebies?
              >
              > I've been runnin' just minimum stuff, I have no extra's like
              > Companion, Toolbar, I can't even right now think of all the seemingly
              > extraneous stuff...
              >
              > I'm watching a 9-11 special on Court-TV right now and moderating 4
              > hurricane Katrina groups and this being the 1st year anniverary, I'll
              > personally include my b'day is in 4 days.
              >
              > Should a Yahoo user of 7 years have all that stuff and get by? I'd
              > say: yes. But for the bells and whistles of yahoo: I dunno.
              >
              > What I have learned: when I log in with a different username: the *f
              > (arm)* number differs.
              >
              > Dane

              Yahoo! Groups Links