Re: [Y-Mail] Re: NOW : RSS Reader in Y! Mail Beta !!!

  • Henrico
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
      To be more specific: when I will add a particular RSS feed I get this message. With other feeds there's no problem at all.

      When I click 'All RSS Feeds' I get all the feeds now. Perfect! Yesterday it doesn't work, now the folder is loading smoothly...

      Henrico

      --
      Nits fansite:
      http://www.nitsmusic.net

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
        Totally agree.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "DevineG" <devineg@y...> wrote:

        > Love the new RSS Reader in Y! Mail.
        >
        > One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS Feeds
        > in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in one
        > folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
        > Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given folder
        > at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
        > click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and Slashdot
        > topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just
        > one specific feed.
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > So what do you guys think of it ????

      • John Lewis
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
          Eh, I'm not sure I'll use the RSS reader until it has that functionality.

          Right now, I'm a little peeved at the RSS reader. I didn't notice that the feeds the Beta included were from my My Yahoo front page. When I deleted the feeds, they also disappeared from My Yahoo. This was very annoying. I would prefer that they either be separated or have the option to be separated.

          > One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS Feeds
          > in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in one
          > folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
          > Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given folder
          > at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
          > click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and Slashdot
          > topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just
          > one specific feed.
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > So what do you guys think of it ????

          Communication and networking Rss Apply for Submit Podcast Feedback
          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

        • Guillaume
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
            As for me i mainly follow tech feeds on Bloglines.
            i'm not sure this can replace Bloglines though, I have about 70 feeds
            set up there.
            I think the Yahoo Mail RSS might be a way for me to actually get
            interested in (normal national/international news) to keep in touch
            with the real world sort of ....
          • _theclash_
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
              "... or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just one specific
              feed."

              If you click on the blue arrow next to the "All RSS Feeds" you are
              given a listing of the feeds and you can from there drill down to a
              particular feed.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "DevineG" <devineg@y...> wrote:

              > Love the new RSS Reader in Y! Mail.
              >
              > One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS
              Feeds
              > in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in
              one
              > folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
              > Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given
              folder
              > at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
              > click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and
              Slashdot
              > topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see
              just
              > one specific feed.
              >
              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume"
              <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > So what do you guys think of it ????

            • Dan OBrien
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
                wrote:

                > So what do you guys think of it ????

                While reading the RSS text, the scroll wheel on the mouse doesn't
                work. I have to move the text up and down using the scroll bar. Beta
                Mail test reading works fine, scrolling up and down with the wheel.

                I do like the RSS feed, however. Very clever.

                Rgds,

                Dan