Re: [Y-Mail] Re: NOW : RSS Reader in Y! Mail Beta !!!

  • Olivier C. Laurent
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
      My RSS icon does lose its little yellow spark once I read all the feeds I have. It comes back as soon as a feed is updated with new info.

      Olivier Laurent
      European Reporter
      Dealing With Technology, London
      E-mail: olivierclaurent@...
      Phone: +44 (0)78 86 86 78 72
      Yahoo! Messenger: olivierclaurent
      Resume and Portfolio: http://1013.free.fr/olivier/

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
        To be more specific: when I will add a particular RSS feed I get this message. With other feeds there's no problem at all.

        When I click 'All RSS Feeds' I get all the feeds now. Perfect! Yesterday it doesn't work, now the folder is loading smoothly...

        Henrico

        --
        Nits fansite:
        http://www.nitsmusic.net

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
          Totally agree.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "DevineG" <devineg@y...> wrote:

          > Love the new RSS Reader in Y! Mail.
          >
          > One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS Feeds
          > in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in one
          > folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
          > Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given folder
          > at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
          > click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and Slashdot
          > topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just
          > one specific feed.
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > So what do you guys think of it ????

        • John Lewis
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
            Eh, I'm not sure I'll use the RSS reader until it has that functionality.

            Right now, I'm a little peeved at the RSS reader. I didn't notice that the feeds the Beta included were from my My Yahoo front page. When I deleted the feeds, they also disappeared from My Yahoo. This was very annoying. I would prefer that they either be separated or have the option to be separated.

            > One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS Feeds
            > in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in one
            > folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
            > Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given folder
            > at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
            > click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and Slashdot
            > topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just
            > one specific feed.
            >
            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > So what do you guys think of it ????

            Communication and networking Rss Apply for Submit Podcast Feedback
            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

          • Guillaume
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
              As for me i mainly follow tech feeds on Bloglines.
              i'm not sure this can replace Bloglines though, I have about 70 feeds
              set up there.
              I think the Yahoo Mail RSS might be a way for me to actually get
              interested in (normal national/international news) to keep in touch
              with the real world sort of ....
            • _theclash_
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
                "... or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just one specific
                feed."

                If you click on the blue arrow next to the "All RSS Feeds" you are
                given a listing of the feeds and you can from there drill down to a
                particular feed.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "DevineG" <devineg@y...> wrote:

                > Love the new RSS Reader in Y! Mail.
                >
                > One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS
                Feeds
                > in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in
                one
                > folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
                > Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given
                folder
                > at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
                > click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and
                Slashdot
                > topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see
                just
                > one specific feed.
                >
                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume"
                <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > So what do you guys think of it ????

              • Dan OBrien
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
                  wrote:

                  > So what do you guys think of it ????

                  While reading the RSS text, the scroll wheel on the mouse doesn't
                  work. I have to move the text up and down using the scroll bar. Beta
                  Mail test reading works fine, scrolling up and down with the wheel.

                  I do like the RSS feed, however. Very clever.

                  Rgds,

                  Dan