yahoo mail wav

  • brinkeguthrie
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 22, 2006
      anyone have the 'yahoomail' wav that is now missing from messenger?
    • k h
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 22, 2006
        no sorry

        cinderellamirage

        brinkeguthrie <brinkeguthrie@...> wrote:
        anyone have the 'yahoomail' wav that is now missing from messenger?

      • James
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 23, 2006
          I don't know why you'd want it or how it vanished from your messenger
          but here it is...

          I uploaded it to the Y! group files section (From the group main page
          click Files). You can click it to play it or right-click and hit
          "save target/link as" to download it.

          enjoy,
          James ;)

          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 23, 2006
            thanks; you'll notice the new build of messenger doesn't use that
            sound any longer- i like it better than the wav's offered. do you
            have the yahoo yodel too? that has also been removed.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "James" <netster007@...> wrote:

            > I don't know why you'd want it or how it vanished from your
            messenger
            > but here it is...
            >
            > I uploaded it to the Y! group files section (From the group main
            page
            > click Files). You can click it to play it or right-click and hit
            > "save target/link as" to download it.
            >
            > enjoy,
            > James ;)
            >

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "brinkeguthrie" <brinkeguthrie@>
            wrote:

            > > anyone have the 'yahoomail' wav that is now missing from
            messenger?

          • James
            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 23, 2006
              I love the yodel! I use that for new Emails ;) Just added the yodel
              to my new Y! msgr folder in the files section.

              Hmm, new build, i thought i had the latest. It says I've got Y! msgr
              with voice version 8.0.0.683. Whats your version (help/about Y!
              msgr)? I don't think it has any auto-update feature, is the only way
              to update by re-installing form msgr.yahoo.com ???

              Thanks for the heads-up, I made a backup of the C/Program Files/Yahoo!
              /messenger/Media folder so i'll never need to go without my sounds.

              Let me know if you need more,
              James ;)

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "brinkeguthrie" <brinkeguthrie@...> wrote:

              > thanks; you'll notice the new build of messenger doesn't use that
              > sound any longer- i like it better than the wav's offered. do you
              > have the yahoo yodel too? that has also been removed.
              >

              > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "James" <netster007@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I don't know why you'd want it or how it vanished from your
              > messenger
              > > but here it is...
              > >
              > > I uploaded it to the Y! group files section (From the group main
              > page
              > > click Files). You can click it to play it or right-click and hit
              > > "save target/link as" to download it.
              > >
              > > enjoy,
              > > James ;)
              > >

              > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "brinkeguthrie" <brinkeguthrie@>
              > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > anyone have the 'yahoomail' wav that is now missing from
              > messenger?

            • brinkeguthrie
              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 25, 2006
                8 0 0 701. doesnt have the yodel or yahoomail wav's.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "James" <netster007@...> wrote:

                > I love the yodel! I use that for new Emails ;) Just added the
                yodel
                > to my new Y! msgr folder in the files section.
                >
                > Hmm, new build, i thought i had the latest. It says I've got Y!
                msgr
                > with voice version 8.0.0.683. Whats your version (help/about Y!
                > msgr)? I don't think it has any auto-update feature, is the only
                way
                > to update by re-installing form msgr.yahoo.com ???
                >
                > Thanks for the heads-up, I made a backup of the C/Program
                Files/Yahoo!
                > /messenger/Media folder so i'll never need to go without my sounds.
                >

                > Let me know if you need more,
                > James ;)
                >

                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "brinkeguthrie" <brinkeguthrie@>
                wrote:

                > > thanks; you'll notice the new build of messenger doesn't use
                that
                > > sound any longer- i like it better than the wav's offered. do
                you
                > > have the yahoo yodel too? that has also been removed.
                > >

                > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "James" <netster007@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I don't know why you'd want it or how it vanished from your
                > > messenger
                > > > but here it is...
                > > >
                > > > I uploaded it to the Y! group files section (From the group
                main
                > > page
                > > > click Files). You can click it to play it or right-click and
                hit
                > > > "save target/link as" to download it.
                > > >
                > > > enjoy,
                > > > James ;)
                > > >

                > > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "brinkeguthrie"
                <brinkeguthrie@>

                > > messenger?

              • James
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 25, 2006
                  looks like i'm behind. HOW DO YOU UPDATE WITHOUT RE-INSTALLING Y!
                  MESSENGER???

                  Necessity to re-install constantly in order to keep up-to date is a
                  TERRIBLE setup, and MUST be changed!

                • Jay Bienvenu
                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 29, 2006
                    Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com and download and install the new version. YM
                    doesn't have an automatic updating feature, but the download and install from
                    the Web is smooth and easy.

                    --- James <netster007@...> wrote:
                    > looks like i'm behind. HOW DO YOU UPDATE WITHOUT RE-INSTALLING Y!
                    > MESSENGER???
                    >
                    > Necessity to re-install constantly in order to keep up-to date is a
                    > TERRIBLE setup, and MUST be changed!

                    Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                    360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp
                  • James
                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 29, 2006
                      Got the new one ;). 8.0.0.701. Only change i noticed was the cool
                      looking effect on the selected area of the menus. The wav's all
                      stayed the same (even if they didn't i had a backup). The
                      re-installation was pretty quick, but the thing is it's very important
                      security-wise to be always on the latest build of apps. Yahoo!
                      messenger has NO auto-updating service and you can't even check for
                      updates on the site, as it only says the version and not the full
                      build. The only way to keep up to date in Y! msgr is to re-install it
                      constantly in case of an update. THIS MUST BE FIXED!!!

                      Also, what does the "enable logging" button do in the help menu???

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Jay Bienvenu <jay@...> wrote:

                      > Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com and download and install the new
                      version. YM
                      > doesn't have an automatic updating feature, but the download and
                      install from
                      > the Web is smooth and easy.
                      >
                      > --- James <netster007@...> wrote:
                      > > looks like i'm behind. HOW DO YOU UPDATE WITHOUT RE-INSTALLING Y!
                      > > MESSENGER???
                      > >
                      > > Necessity to re-install constantly in order to keep up-to date is a
                      > > TERRIBLE setup, and MUST be changed!

                      > Jay Bienvenu | jay@... | www.bienvenu.net
                      > 360.yahoo.com/bienvenunet | raichu12.com/wg.asp

                    • Liz Yumrutepe
                      Message 10 of 25 , Aug 29, 2006
                        Yahoo messenger tells me when there is a new version available isn't that an auto update service?

                        http://www.kaplan.edu
                        " Knowledge is the key to life "

                        Message 11 of 25 , Aug 29, 2006
                          It NEVER tells me!

                          how does it tell you?

                          are you on a PC with Version 8.0.0.701?

                          Message 12 of 25 , Aug 30, 2006
                            I rarely use it but when I do and I open messenger a box will come up and tell me that there is a new version available for download do I want to download it, and yes Im on a pc using windows XP

                            http://www.kaplan.edu
                            " Knowledge is the key to life "

                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 30, 2006
                              Oh, do you have Yahoo! central installed? I just remembered hearing
                              about it and found the site. Maybe I should give that a try.

                              http://downloads.yahoo.com/central/index.php

                              Message 14 of 25 , Aug 31, 2006
                                no I dont have yahoo central, I guess it just might be a tickler system that is installed with the programs, you have to realize most people are impaitient when it comes to these things, even the toolbar will tell me when there is a new version when its ready and the final is released. Its no big deal to me, I just go with the flow. Even with the beta mail, when they upgrade my farm they upgrade it, life is too short to wait and wonder . I figure if a company wants to let me know that they want me to use a newer version of their software they will let me know and they do with nothing added.

                                http://www.kaplan.edu
                                " Knowledge is the key to life "

                                Message 15 of 25 , Aug 31, 2006
                                  Hmmm,

                                  I don't have the Y! toolbar, maybe that's why. Yahoo! doesn't notify
                                  me in any way of Messenger updates.

                                  Huh, I just found a file in C:/Program files/Yahoo!, titled yum.exe.
                                  It says it's a Yahoo update manager. When i run it it loads a window
                                  that says checking for Yahoo! updates and then says there are none. I
                                  made a shortcut of it on my desktop and will run it every so often.
                                  Please let me know if there is any future Y! msgr update and I will
                                  see if the little program can pick it up.

                                  I can't be sure if this is some out-dated Y! service that no longer
                                  works or if this will actually be of help. Anh well, all good things
                                  come in time

                                • Ing. Rafael E. Silva
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                                    Is it OK to use FF2 beta 2 and Y! beta?

                                    I mean, do this two betas understand each other?

                                    Rafael E.

                                  • James
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                                      Runs as well as ever for me ;)

                                      Fx 2.0b2, f812, AT&T, Version 0.3.2 build:253.17 - built on
                                      07/21/2006 07:28 AM

                                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ing. Rafael E. Silva" <xijote@...> wrote:

                                      > Is it OK to use FF2 beta 2 and Y! beta?
                                      >
                                      > I mean, do this two betas understand each other?
                                      >

                                      > Rafael E.

                                    • Goutam Nath
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 1, 2006
                                        is the Firefox beta 2 released yet ? If it has, can you send the link to download it ? I am currently using the beta 1 and I like this very much, although it crashes on many occasions !

                                        Goutam

                                        I mean, do this two betas understand each other?

                                        Rafael E.

                                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      • Kaushal
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                          Yes, it has been released. If you using beta 1, then it should automatically update itself via the auto-update feature. If you have not been updated, then try using the Help >> Check for updates option in the Firefox menu. This way, the update is only 1.3MB, if this fails, you can download the entire installation from http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-beta.html

                                          Kaushal.

                                          is the Firefox beta 2 released yet ? If it has, can you send the link to download it ? I am currently using the beta 1 and I like this very much, although it crashes on many occasions !

                                          Goutam

                                          I mean, do this two betas understand each other?

                                          Rafael E.

                                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                                        • too_much green_tea
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                            I'm sure you must have downloaded it by now, but here's the link anyway.
                                            http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-beta.html

                                            -----

                                            Come and visit my 360°
                                            http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                              Thanks for the link

                                              Goutam

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                                No, I just checked my version , and it's says beta 1, I also tried to update, but it says that there isn't any updates available, Thanks for the link, I'll download it right away.

                                                Goutam

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                                  Just downloaded and installed, and it says Firefox 2 beta 2

                                                  Regards,
                                                  Rafael E.

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Sep 2, 2006
                                                    yes, the update system seems buggy in Fx 2 beta

                                                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Goutam Nath <goutam_nath@...> wrote:

                                                    > No, I just checked my version , and it's says beta 1, I also tried
                                                    to update, but it says that there isn't any updates available, Thanks
                                                    for the link, I'll download it right away.

                                                    > Goutam

                                                  • Goutam Nath
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Sep 3, 2006
                                                      I have downloaded and Installed the Firefox 2 beta 2.

                                                      Goutam