Yahoo! Calendar

  • allruiz
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 9, 2006
      Does anybody know something? Long time no hear about it.
    • too_much green_tea
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2007
        Have you checked out the calendar module in My Yahoo! beta? It's an excellent alternative until the calendar integration into mail is ready ...

        Screenshot:

        Come and visit our Y-Mail FAQ
        http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1

      • Ciprian Murariu
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
          I just tried it, but it doesn't get any data from my actual Yahoo
          calendar...
          Ciprian

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, too_much green_tea <toomuchgreentea@...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
            Really? For me the only thing that isn't showing up were the Financial Events Time Guides.

            wrote:

            > Have you checked out the calendar module in My Yahoo! beta? It's an
            excellent alternative until the calendar integration into mail is
            ready ...

            > Screenshot:
            >
            > Come and visit our Y-Mail FAQ
            > http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1

          • James
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
              I'm surprised those don't show up. My holidays Time Guides show
              (mostly - I just realized it lists assumption [whatever that is] 8/15
              but no Christmas on 12/25!). I think they added the ability to view
              time guides in v0.5.0, the release after the calendar strip introduction.

              <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

              > Really? For me the only thing that isn't showing up were the
              Financial Events Time Guides.

              > Come and visit our Y-Mail FAQ
              > http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1

              Yahoo! FareChase.
              > http://farechase.yahoo.com/

            • too_much green_tea
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
                My holidays Time Guides don't have any problems either. It's only the Financial Events that don't show up in the My Yahoo! calendar module.

                And for those who haven't tried the module yet, check it out and see if it works for you. It's much "slicker" than the classic interface - there's no need to reload pages all the times.

                Ciprian Murariu <ciprianmp@...>

                href="http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1">http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
              • Ciprian Murariu
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
                  Ok, I have to reiterate/explain myself:
                  I only have birthdays in my calendar (100). Well, the days in the
                  month view are empty, not showing any event. That's the reason it
                  doesn't show/get my data.
                  Now that you said it's working somehow for you, I checked gain by
                  clicking on 11th august, the next birthday saved in my calendar.
                  Surprise: the event is there, returned in the day view bellow
                  (upcoming events I guess), but not in the little day box of the month
                  view. That way, the calendar view makes no sense to me. I won't click
                  each day to check for upcoming events, I wanna see them right there,
                  highlighted into the month view (or week, if that even exists)
                  Do you guys see something different in your views?
                  Ciprian

                  <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

                  > My holidays Time Guides don't have any problems either. It's only
                  the Financial Events that don't show up in the My Yahoo! calendar
                  module.

                  > And for those who haven't tried the module yet, check it out and
                  see if it works for you. It's much "slicker" than the classic
                  interface - there's no need to reload pages all the times.

                  > Come and visit our Y-Mail FAQ
                  > http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1

                  b=24&m=f&o=0

                  > > > Come and visit our Y-Mail FAQ
                  > > > http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1

                  ______________
                  story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
                  > http://sims.yahoo.com/

                • fiction_scribe
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
                    I've used the calendar strip a little and really hadn't had any problems.  I haven't seen a beta version of the full calendar.  I'll have to look for that later.

                    Maybe the holiday dates are only being applied for a certain number of days in the future.

                    BTW, Assumption is a Roman Catholic feast day.  See Catholic Encyclopedia  and Wikipedia.  Cleveland, Ohio even has a festival celebrating the day .  I'm not Roman, I'm Anglican+Episcopalian but the 15th is my mom's birthday, so that's why I know these things.  15 Aug is also the anniversary of India's independence from the UK.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "James" <jakk9406@...> wrote:

                    > I'm surprised those don't show up. My holidays Time Guides show
                    > (mostly - I just realized it lists assumption [whatever that is] 8/15
                    > but no Christmas on 12/25!). I think they added the ability to view
                    > time guides in v0.5.0, the release after the calendar strip introduction.

                    snip the rest
                  • too_much green_tea
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
                      No, there's no mark or notification in those little day boxes. :(

                      What I did instead was to increase the days of appointments displayed to 7. But I agree, it would be nice if even small icons are used to mark the dates instead of leaving them blank.

                      They are still making changes though. Just yesterday there was a display bug that seems to be fixed today, so I think it's by no means the final product.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
                        It worked for me no problem however I had to allow it access via my firewall

                         Liz

                        "Success is a journey, not a destination''
                                               http://www.kaplan.edu
                              *-Knowledge is the key to life-*

                        wrote:

                        > Have you checked out the calendar module in My Yahoo! beta? It's an
                        excellent alternative until the calendar integration into mail is
                        ready ...

                        > Screenshot:
                        >
                        > Come and visit our Y-Mail FAQ
                        > http://blog.360.yahoo.com/YMailFAQ?list=1

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                            mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                      • Sasafrass
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
                          That's because there isn't one yet *wink*