NOW : RSS Reader in Y! Mail Beta !!!

  • Guillaume
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
      So what do you guys think of it ????
    • Chris Price
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
        Not sure yet - I like that it pulls in all My Yahoo feeds, but it remains to be seen how effective teh reader is.

        I've used Bloglines since it was in Beta, and with Firefox I just have a tab always open to it. If this can provide a similar (or better) experience, I'll import all my feeds in.

        Chris.

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
          well feeds in mail BETA is nice...but wouldnt it be nice to have
          something like a google READER...wherein you can jus read the whole
          text in one interface...any takers????

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:

          > Not sure yet - I like that it pulls in all My Yahoo feeds, but it
          remains to be seen how effective teh reader is.

          > I've used Bloglines since it was in Beta, and with Firefox I just
          have a tab always open to it. If this can provide a similar (or
          better) experience, I'll import all my feeds in.

          > Chris.

          and networking Fully
          Apply for
          Priority
          Parts Instantly

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
          Service.

        • Olivier C. Laurent
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
            I like the one RSS Feed called: "Yahoo! Mail Beta Updates"
            Maybe we will get more news on the latest builds through it.

            Olivier Laurent
          • Henrico
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
              Oh, there is an error message when I add my favourite feeds, but it already works! Great...

              Henrico

              Communication and networking Fully Apply for Priority Parts Instantly
              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

            • DevineG
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                Love the new RSS Reader in Y! Mail.

                One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS Feeds
                in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in one
                folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
                Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given folder
                at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
                click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and Slashdot
                topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just
                one specific feed.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
                wrote:

                > So what do you guys think of it ????

              • mannar
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                  hi every one....i was foolish enough to reply on yahoo mail BETA with out ever checking it properly...i jus checked only few news feeds...but feeds for blogs here are way too good....jus as Google READER
                  once agn excuse me....
                  thnQ
                  Mannar

                  well feeds in mail BETA is nice...but wouldnt it be nice to have
                  something like a google READER...wherein you can jus read the whole
                  text in one interface...any takers????

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris Price <pricecs@y...> wrote:

                  > Not sure yet - I like that it pulls in all My Yahoo feeds, but it
                  remains to be seen how effective teh reader is.

                  > I've used Bloglines since it was in Beta, and with Firefox I just
                  have a tab always open to it. If this can provide a similar (or
                  better) experience, I'll import all my feeds in.

                  > Chris.

                  and networking Fully
                  Apply for
                  Priority
                  Parts Instantly

                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
                  Service.

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Raphael Pungin
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                    Even if there is no new content in the RSS feed, the icon has the
                    yellow spark in the corner. I hope the intention is only to have the
                    icon if there is new/changed content in the feed since last time the
                    user read it.

                    Raphael
                    http://raphaelpungin.com

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 30, 2005
                      Yeah me too. When I try to add
                      http://feeds.fotki.com/rpungin/journals/blog.rss
                      I get an error "There was a problem subscribing to the following
                      feeds. Pease try again later.

                      This feed works fine in Bloglines.

                      Raphael
                      http://raphaelpungin.com

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrico <henricopit@y...> wrote:

                      > Oh, there is an error message when I add my favourite feeds, but
                      it already works! Great...

                      > Henrico

                      and networking
                      Fully Apply
                      for
                      Priority
                      Parts
                      Instantly

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
                        My RSS icon does lose its little yellow spark once I read all the feeds I have. It comes back as soon as a feed is updated with new info.

                        Olivier Laurent
                        European Reporter
                        Dealing With Technology, London
                        E-mail: olivierclaurent@...
                        Phone: +44 (0)78 86 86 78 72
                        Yahoo! Messenger: olivierclaurent
                        Resume and Portfolio: http://1013.free.fr/olivier/

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
                          To be more specific: when I will add a particular RSS feed I get this message. With other feeds there's no problem at all.

                          When I click 'All RSS Feeds' I get all the feeds now. Perfect! Yesterday it doesn't work, now the folder is loading smoothly...

                          Henrico

                          --
                          Nits fansite:
                          http://www.nitsmusic.net

                          I get an error "There was a problem subscribing to the following
                          feeds. Pease try again later.

                          This feed works fine in Bloglines.

                          Raphael
                          http://raphaelpungin.com

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrico <henricopit@y...> wrote:

                          > Oh, there is an error message when I add my favourite feeds, but
                          it already works! Great...

                          > Henrico

                          and networking
                          Fully Apply
                          for
                          Priority
                          Parts
                          Instantly

                          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                          >
                          > Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.
                          Service.

                          Communication and networking Rss Apply for Submit Podcast Feedback
                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                          Visit your group "Y-Mail" on the web.

                        • efgould
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
                            Totally agree.

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "DevineG" <devineg@y...> wrote:

                            > Love the new RSS Reader in Y! Mail.
                            >
                            > One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS Feeds
                            > in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in one
                            > folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
                            > Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given folder
                            > at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
                            > click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and Slashdot
                            > topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just
                            > one specific feed.
                            >
                            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume" <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > So what do you guys think of it ????

                          • John Lewis
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
                              Eh, I'm not sure I'll use the RSS reader until it has that functionality.

                              Right now, I'm a little peeved at the RSS reader. I didn't notice that the feeds the Beta included were from my My Yahoo front page. When I deleted the feeds, they also disappeared from My Yahoo. This was very annoying. I would prefer that they either be separated or have the option to be separated.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
                                As for me i mainly follow tech feeds on Bloglines.
                                i'm not sure this can replace Bloglines though, I have about 70 feeds
                                set up there.
                                I think the Yahoo Mail RSS might be a way for me to actually get
                                interested in (normal national/international news) to keep in touch
                                with the real world sort of ....
                              • _theclash_
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 1, 2005
                                  "... or if I wished to, I could drill down and see just one specific
                                  feed."

                                  If you click on the blue arrow next to the "All RSS Feeds" you are
                                  given a listing of the feeds and you can from there drill down to a
                                  particular feed.

                                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "DevineG" <devineg@y...> wrote:

                                  > Love the new RSS Reader in Y! Mail.
                                  >
                                  > One enhancement I see needed is the ability to organize your RSS
                                  Feeds
                                  > in folders. That way I could place all my "news" related feeds in
                                  one
                                  > folder and all my "money" related feeds in a different folder.
                                  > Another nice addition would be to see all feeds within a given
                                  folder
                                  > at once. For example if I had a folder called "tech news" I could
                                  > click on it and see a mixing of Ars Technica news topics and
                                  Slashdot
                                  > topics all at once, or if I wished to, I could drill down and see
                                  just
                                  > one specific feed.
                                  >
                                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume"
                                  <belfiore_guillaume@y...>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > So what do you guys think of it ????

                                • Dan OBrien
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 3, 2005
                                    wrote:

                                    > So what do you guys think of it ????

                                    While reading the RSS text, the scroll wheel on the mouse doesn't
                                    work. I have to move the text up and down using the scroll bar. Beta
                                    Mail test reading works fine, scrolling up and down with the wheel.

                                    I do like the RSS feed, however. Very clever.

                                    Rgds,

                                    Dan