Re: New email

  • _theclash_
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 28, 2005
      The message they display to me is what I've included in this email
      chain below. Here it is again:

      > It looks like you already have an extra email address. You can
      only
      > have one extra address at a time.
      >
      > If you really want to create a new email address, you'll have to
      > remove myname from your Mail account first.

      In my case, the "myname" they reference is my Yahoo! ID, i.e., my
      primary Yahoo! email account, not something with a dot in it. How
      on earth could I possibly remove my Yahoo! ID from my Yahoo!
      account?

      I wish I had another account with this problem so that I could
      experiment and see what would would happen if I selected to remove
      the Yahoo! ID. Clearly there's a bug in the software at work here
      and I'm already going down a path that I shouldn't be on. I can
      guess that selecting to remove it would either completely delete or
      else corrupt my account.

      I'd just like to know why this is happening and if it's only
      happening to me. Could it be related to my having a Yahoo! Domain
      account? That came with a free email forward which directs emails
      sent to name@... to my myaccount@... address. Could
      that be what's producing this problem?

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sans Nom <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:

      > Hi again,
      > When you click on that offer for an extra email address; what
      exactly does the message say?
      > Since I already have one, they say
      > «It looks like you already have an extra email address. You can
      only have one extra address at a time.
      > If you really want to create a new email address, you'll have to
      remove firstname.lastname from your Mail account first.»
      (firstname.lastname is just an example...they give the real
      email.address that I signed up for)...
      > As you haven't got one, it would be interesting to know what the
      message states...
      > L-F
      >
      > _theclash_ <clashborough-gloucesterroad@y...> wrote:
      > The hyphen in the email address with which I'm subscribed to
      this
      > group is there because I'm using a disposable email address (DEA)
      > for many of my Yahoo! groups. Disposable email addresses are an
      > option available to Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers via the Address
      > Guard utility.
      >
      > I believe you can have 100 DEAs with Mail Plus. Using DEAs allows
      > you to create specific email addresses for particular merchants
      and
      > services so that you don't have to give your real email address
      out
      > to them. For instance, you might have a ...
      >
      > deaprofile-mybank at yahoo.com and
      > deaprofile-walmart at yahoo.com and
      > deaprofile-utilities at yahoo.com etc ...
      >
      > Later, if you find that you're getting a lot of spam sent to
      > deaprofile-walmart at yahoo.com, you can simply delete that
      > particular disposable email address. End of spam. Then you can
      > either elect not to trust Walmart, since they apparently weren't
      > protective of the email address you gave them, or you can simply
      > create another one, such as deaprofile-walmart2.
      >
      > Could it be that because I'm using the Address Guard feature of
      Mail
      > Plus that this is what's preventing me from using the Extra Email
      > Address feature? After all, address guard already gives me 100
      (or
      > is it 500?) extra email addresses so maybe I shouldn't be
      > complaining. I take it that you're a Mail Plus user too since you
      > have the Extra Email Address option but you didn't seem to know
      > about Address Guard. Perhaps you're not having used that option
      is
      > what allowed you to use Extra Email Address.
      >
      > Is there anyone who utilizes Address Guard but has also been able
      > create the Extra Email (dot) address?
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sans Nom <lakeflurries@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > That is odd. I have already signed up for this new
      > email.address@y... and at least the sign up process worked fine.
      > When I try that link now, I of course get the same message as you
      > did since my option is already gone. All fine so far.
      > > When I look at your email message here to the group it appears
      > have a hyphen in it?! How did you get that in the first place?
      > > Normally you can't sign up with Yahoo and use a hyphen...is that
      > an address you've had for a very long time or...?
      > > I'm sorry I don't have any real good answer to this, and my only
      > suggestion is to write to them. It has not worked out the way I
      > thought it would with this new address...it merely works as
      > another "profile".
      > > Lake-Flurries
      > >

      > > My 360 page | webpage

      clashborough-
      > > gloucesterroad is one of my DEAs.
      > >
      > > When I go to the Mail Addresses option in Yahoo! Mail options
      and
      > > then click on the "Get Started" link under Extra Email Address,
      > > get the following message:

      > > It looks like you already have an extra email address. You can
      > only
      > > have one extra address at a time.
      > >
      > > If you really want to create a new email address, you'll have to
      > > remove myname from your Mail account first.
      > >
      > > What on earth do they mean? How can I remove my regular primary
      > > Yahoo! ID/email address from my account first? I don't get it!
      > >
      > > And can someone give an example of what they mean by creating an
      > > extra email address with the "dot". Do you mean creating a
      Yahoo!
      > > profile with a name like myfirstname.mylastname@y...?

      > Communication and networking Fully Apply for
      Priority Parts Instantly

      Service.