RE: [Y-Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

  • Christopher Booth
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
      I and three other people I know using the beta are experiencing the same type of issue as well. I am on f570. Seems like everything is running slow today.To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.comFrom: toomuchgreentea@...: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:22:46 -0700Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

      10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail. I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

      -----

      Come and visit my 360°
      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
        Sometimes the debug log can provide hints on what's really going on. Next time when it happens, do a Ctrl+Alt+LeftClick on the logo. You maybe able to find the answer there.

        -----

        Come and visit my 360°
        http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

        Forgot to mention that I'm on mail plus, so I don't get any ads.
        Also, it doesn't seem to coincide with the automatic checkmail, but I
        could be wrong about that.

        Regards,
        Eric

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, too_much green_tea
        <toomuchgreentea@ ...> wrote:

        > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
        I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
        it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
        cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

        > -----
        >
        > Come and visit my 360°
        > http://360.yahoo com/toomuchgreen tea

      • Eric Myers
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
          I'm on f547.

          -Eric

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Booth"
          <Christopher_B_Booth@...> wrote:

          > I and three other people I know using the beta are experiencing
          the same type of issue as well. I am on f570. Seems like
          everything is running slow today.To: Y-Mail@...:
          toomuchgreentea@...: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:22:46 -0700Subject: Re: [Y-
          Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

          > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each
          automatic checkmail. I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the
          same time as well. Is it possible that you're blocking their ads,
          causing the ad fetching cycle to run in an infinite loop until it
          time-out?

          > -----
          >
          > Come and visit my 360°
          > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

        • Guillaume
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
            Yeh the Yahoo! Mail beta has gotten A LOT slower recently. It keeps
            hanging on all the time. It never used to be so long...About 15 to 20
            seconds, at least.

            I thought that was because I hadn't move my inbox emails to the backup
            folder, so I moved thining they might be the reason for this
            ridiculous slow loading (even though, only the first ones are actually
            downloaded)

            It had no effect...