RE: [Y-Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

  • Christopher Booth
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
      I and three other people I know using the beta are experiencing the same type of issue as well. I am on f570. Seems like everything is running slow today.To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.comFrom: toomuchgreentea@...: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:22:46 -0700Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

      10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail. I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

      -----

      Come and visit my 360°
      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
        Incidentally, it doesn't happen when I manually check mail.

        Eric

        <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

        > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
        I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
        it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
        cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

        > -----
        >
        > Come and visit my 360°
        > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      • too_much green_tea
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
          Sometimes the debug log can provide hints on what's really going on. Next time when it happens, do a Ctrl+Alt+LeftClick on the logo. You maybe able to find the answer there.

          -----

          Come and visit my 360°
          http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

          Forgot to mention that I'm on mail plus, so I don't get any ads.
          Also, it doesn't seem to coincide with the automatic checkmail, but I
          could be wrong about that.

          Regards,
          Eric

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, too_much green_tea
          <toomuchgreentea@ ...> wrote:

          > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
          I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
          it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
          cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

          > -----
          >
          > Come and visit my 360°
          > http://360.yahoo com/toomuchgreen tea

        • Eric Myers
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
            I'm on f547.

            -Eric

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Booth"
            <Christopher_B_Booth@...> wrote:

            > I and three other people I know using the beta are experiencing
            the same type of issue as well. I am on f570. Seems like
            everything is running slow today.To: Y-Mail@...:
            toomuchgreentea@...: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:22:46 -0700Subject: Re: [Y-
            Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

            > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each
            automatic checkmail. I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the
            same time as well. Is it possible that you're blocking their ads,
            causing the ad fetching cycle to run in an infinite loop until it
            time-out?

            > -----
            >
            > Come and visit my 360°
            > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

          • Guillaume
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
              Yeh the Yahoo! Mail beta has gotten A LOT slower recently. It keeps
              hanging on all the time. It never used to be so long...About 15 to 20
              seconds, at least.

              I thought that was because I hadn't move my inbox emails to the backup
              folder, so I moved thining they might be the reason for this
              ridiculous slow loading (even though, only the first ones are actually
              downloaded)

              It had no effect...