Re: [Y-Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

  • too_much green_tea
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
      10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail. I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

      -----

      Come and visit my 360°
      http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
        Forgot to mention that I'm on mail plus, so I don't get any ads.
        Also, it doesn't seem to coincide with the automatic checkmail, but I
        could be wrong about that.

        Regards,
        Eric

        <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

        > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
        I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
        it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
        cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

        > -----
        >
        > Come and visit my 360°
        > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

      • Christopher Booth

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
            Incidentally, it doesn't happen when I manually check mail.

            Eric

            <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

            > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
            I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
            it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
            cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

            > -----
            >
            > Come and visit my 360°
            > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

          • too_much green_tea
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
              Sometimes the debug log can provide hints on what's really going on. Next time when it happens, do a Ctrl+Alt+LeftClick on the logo. You maybe able to find the answer there.

              -----

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, too_much green_tea
              <toomuchgreentea@ ...> wrote:

              > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
              I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
              it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
              cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

              > -----
              >
              > Come and visit my 360°
              > http://360.yahoo com/toomuchgreen tea

            • Eric Myers
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
                I'm on f547.

                -Eric

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Booth"
                <Christopher_B_Booth@...> wrote:

                > I and three other people I know using the beta are experiencing
                the same type of issue as well. I am on f570. Seems like
                everything is running slow today.To: Y-Mail@...:
                toomuchgreentea@...: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:22:46 -0700Subject: Re: [Y-
                Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

                > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each
                automatic checkmail. I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the
                same time as well. Is it possible that you're blocking their ads,
                causing the ad fetching cycle to run in an infinite loop until it
                time-out?

                > -----
                >
                > Come and visit my 360°
                > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

              • Guillaume
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
                  Yeh the Yahoo! Mail beta has gotten A LOT slower recently. It keeps
                  hanging on all the time. It never used to be so long...About 15 to 20
                  seconds, at least.

                  I thought that was because I hadn't move my inbox emails to the backup
                  folder, so I moved thining they might be the reason for this
                  ridiculous slow loading (even though, only the first ones are actually
                  downloaded)

                  It had no effect...