Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

  • Eric Myers
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
      I am using firefox 1.5.0.4, and every 10 minutes or so firefox hangs
      while Yahoo! Mail Beta is checking in with us.js2.yimg.com. This hang
      lasts for 20 seconds or more, and affects all of firefox, not just the
      mail tab. This also can extend to a slowed or hung PC while waiting
      for Ymail to finish. What is up with this? It even happens when I'm
      not actively on the mail tab! It happens to a lesser degree when I
      use IE instead of Firefox, but it still happens. I see the same
      behavior on 2 different computers, both running winXP.

      Also, I need to second the complaint about the pop-up for re-logging
      in. It worked fine already, and didn't break the design. Regarding
      contacts, the edit space should open in the same frame/space as the
      edit button, which is a ridiculous view as is: huge window, the email
      address typed out, and an edit button. Couldn't we just see all the
      contact's information right off, and have a save changes button?

      Regards,
      Eric
    • too_much green_tea
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
        10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail. I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

        -----

        Come and visit my 360°
        http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
          Forgot to mention that I'm on mail plus, so I don't get any ads.
          Also, it doesn't seem to coincide with the automatic checkmail, but I
          could be wrong about that.

          Regards,
          Eric

          <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

          > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
          I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
          it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
          cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

          > -----
          >
          > Come and visit my 360°
          > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

        • Christopher Booth

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
              Incidentally, it doesn't happen when I manually check mail.

              Eric

              <toomuchgreentea@...> wrote:

              > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
              I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
              it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
              cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

              > -----
              >
              > Come and visit my 360°
              > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

            • too_much green_tea
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
                Sometimes the debug log can provide hints on what's really going on. Next time when it happens, do a Ctrl+Alt+LeftClick on the logo. You maybe able to find the answer there.

                -----

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, too_much green_tea
                <toomuchgreentea@ ...> wrote:

                > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each automatic checkmail.
                I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the same time as well. Is
                it possible that you're blocking their ads, causing the ad fetching
                cycle to run in an infinite loop until it time-out?

                > -----
                >
                > Come and visit my 360°
                > http://360.yahoo com/toomuchgreen tea

              • Eric Myers
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
                  I'm on f547.

                  -Eric

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Booth"
                  <Christopher_B_Booth@...> wrote:

                  > I and three other people I know using the beta are experiencing
                  the same type of issue as well. I am on f570. Seems like
                  everything is running slow today.To: Y-Mail@...:
                  toomuchgreentea@...: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:22:46 -0700Subject: Re: [Y-
                  Mail] Long wait while connecting to us.js2.yimg.com

                  > 10 mins sounds like the interval between each
                  automatic checkmail. I'm guessing they must be refreshing ads at the
                  same time as well. Is it possible that you're blocking their ads,
                  causing the ad fetching cycle to run in an infinite loop until it
                  time-out?

                  > -----
                  >
                  > Come and visit my 360°
                  > http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

                • Guillaume
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
                    Yeh the Yahoo! Mail beta has gotten A LOT slower recently. It keeps
                    hanging on all the time. It never used to be so long...About 15 to 20
                    seconds, at least.

                    I thought that was because I hadn't move my inbox emails to the backup
                    folder, so I moved thining they might be the reason for this
                    ridiculous slow loading (even though, only the first ones are actually
                    downloaded)

                    It had no effect...