Personal Address Troubles

  • gopack923
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
      So I've had the Personal Address and Mail Plus services for a few
      weeks and I have a few problems and was wondering if anyone else has
      experienced them. They awsome when they work but...

      1. The beta client doesn't recognized my "From" names as specified in
      the options. (Not a huge deal since this is Beta and I can switch to
      classic as needed. )

      2. Recently when I added a new Personal Address, Mail seemed to forget
      about the 9 others i already had. As far as I can tell, I'm still
      receiveing messages to those addresses but they don't show up as
      options in the compose console or the Mail Accounts list under
      options. They are still in my management page for Personal Address
      though.

      3. When the above problem occured, I also lost my access to beta.
      Anytime I try to switch to it, I get the error, "Couldn't open mailbox!"

      4. What do you have to do to get support from yahoo. I've tried
      various "Contact Us" links to submit problems/ questions and I always
      get the response that someone will contact you w/in 24 ours but of
      course no one ever does. Since I'm paying for two separate services,
      a litte help with actual problems and not just user error stuff
      doesn't seem like too much to ask.
    • too_much green_tea
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
        Sounds like hell on earth ...

        I remember reading it somewhere that there should be a customer support number on your bills from Yahoo. Using those email forms normally don't get you anywhere.

        As for now, clear all your browser's cookies and cache and see if that helps.

        -----

        Come and visit my 360°
        http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
          Wish it were that simple. I found a tech support number but all they
          do is take your info and promise to forward to a tech. We'll see if
          they actually do anything about. It as if parts of the system have
          forgotten about my Yahoo ID. I discovered today that my pop and
          mobile access don't work anymore either. GRRR.

          In the mean time, anyone have reccomendations for email hosts that
          provide similar functionality to yahoo as far as personal domains,
          webmail, filtering, mobile access etc?
        • Fred St John
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2006
            Try www.fastmail.fm