Re: How do you know...

  • Edward A Savage Jr
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
      Hold the [alt] key and click the Yahoo! Mail Beta logo. You'll see a
      nice little dialog box with all the info you need.
    • Ian
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 28, 2006
        ...Or even eaisier, jut simply "ALT + Left Click" on the Yahoo Mail
        Beta logo at the top left corner while you are logged in to mail.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ian_pinnell89@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys and girls,
        >
        > I was wondering, how do you know what version of the Beta you've got
        > and if you've got the latest version?

      • Ing. Rafael E. Silva
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 29, 2006
          Before going to bed, last night, I checked and was upgraded again.

          Regards,
          Rafael E.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
            Hello All,

            Sasfrass & SonnySavage both told me of ways to see your Y-Mail version/ build. SonnySavage's is pretty darn quick and easy. Hold the [alt] key and click the Yahoo! Mail Beta logo. You'll see a
            nice little dialog box with all the info you need. Hope that helps the other new people like myself.

            >;-) Ronn

            Hold the [alt] key and click the Yahoo! Mail Beta logo. You'll see a
            nice little dialog box with all the info you need.

          • sasafrass452
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
              I just found out this doesn't work in Linux :P It's apparently an
              IE/window$ thing....

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <fsips@...> wrote:

              > ...Or even eaisier, jut simply "ALT + Left Click" on the Yahoo Mail
              > Beta logo at the top left corner while you are logged in to mail.
            • Liz Yumrutepe
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                actually it probably doesn't work for you because you are using a mail client

                http://www.kaplan.edu
                " Knowledge is the key to life "

                I just found out this doesn't work in Linux :P It's apparently an
                IE/window$ thing....

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ian" <fsips@...> wrote:

                > ...Or even eaisier, jut simply "ALT + Left Click" on the Yahoo Mail
                > Beta logo at the top left corner while you are logged in to mail.

              • Sasafrass
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                  Erm.... I tried it in the webmail interface & it didn't work.

                  IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                  Liz Yumrutepe wrote:

                  > actually it probably doesn't work for you because you are using a mail
                  > client
                  >

                  > "Success is a journey, not a destination'"

                  > http://www.kaplan.edu <http://www.kaplan.edu>
                  > " Knowledge is the key to life "

                • too_much green_tea
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                    It could be because of the different keyboard mapping used in Linux and Windows. In the past one would have to explicitly choose to emulate windows keyboard for browser's keystroke capture to be entirely compatible. It has been a while so things may have changed.

                    -----

                    Come and visit my 360°
                    http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

                    Erm.... I tried it in the webmail interface & it didn't work.

                    ------------ --------- --------- ---
                    http://darkangelfan s.proboards43. com
                    http://www.geocitie s.com/sasafrass4 52/darkangel. html
                    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/sassyscorn er
                    IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                    Liz Yumrutepe wrote:

                    > actually it probably doesn't work for you because you are using a mail
                    > client
                    >

                    > "Success is a journey, not a destination' "
                    >
                    > ============ ========= ========= ========= ===
                    > http://www.kaplan. edu <http://www.kaplan. edu>
                    > " Knowledge is the key to life "
                    > ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

                  • Kaushal
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 31, 2006
                      Actually it works in Firefox + Windows as well....

                      I just found out this doesn't work in Linux :P It's apparently an
                      IE/window$ thing....

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Ian" <fsips@...> wrote:

                      > ...Or even eaisier, jut simply "ALT + Left Click" on the Yahoo Mail
                      > Beta logo at the top left corner while you are logged in to mail.

                    • Goutam Nath
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                        This ALT+left click definitely works on Linux, I have tried it, even firefox supports it in both Windows and Linux

                        Goutam

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Sasafrass
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                          I guess it's OS specific, then? I use Linspire & it didn't work.

                          IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                          Goutam Nath wrote:

                          > This ALT+left click definitely works on Linux, I have tried it, even
                          > firefox supports it in both Windows and Linux
                          >
                          > Goutam

                        • Goutam Nath
                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                            Not sure, it's the browser that's supposed to handle the scripts and codes, not the OS

                            Which browser are you using in Linspire ?

                            Goutam

                            Goutam Nath wrote:

                            > This ALT+left click definitely works on Linux, I have tried it, even
                            > firefox supports it in both Windows and Linux
                            >
                            > Goutam

                            Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Sasafrass
                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                              Firefox, of course ;)

                              IM me! Sasafrass452 (Yahoo)

                              Goutam Nath wrote:

                              > Not sure, it's the browser that's supposed to handle the scripts and
                              > codes, not the OS
                              >
                              > Which browser are you using in Linspire ?
                              >
                              > Goutam

                            • Goutam Nath
                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 1, 2006
                                You are right, I just connected to the Internet using Linux and Firefox as the browser, and the ALT+left click doesn't work, perhaps there is some problem with this build, because I had used this procedure before.

                                Hopefully it will be fixed soon

                                Goutam

                                > Not sure, it's the browser that's supposed to handle the scripts and
                                > codes, not the OS
                                >
                                > Which browser are you using in Linspire ?
                                >
                                > Goutam

                                Yahoo! Groups Links